Saturday, October 30, 2010

LAST LETTER FROM JOSH BEFORE I SEE HIM!!!!!

Family!!!!

Well I am sure at this point mom is very very happy and probably even has a count of how many hours before she sees me. I am mostly scared. Home is such a foreign idea now. Not to mention, white people are weird. No offense to anyone, but all of you are officially weird now.
The week was pretty good though. we had a zone conference on Tuesday that went very well and then on Thursday we left for chyulu. we did exchanges there yesterday and it was way fun. I felt bad for the elder i was with because things just kept going wrong with the bikes breaking and then we got lost and a bunch of other little stuff but none of it was his fault but you could see he was stressed about it and felt that he was making a bad impression or something. but there was nothing that we could have done about it. i told him there was probably somebody that we had planned to see that God didn't want us to or something, and then as the day went on i said "ok, maybe there were three or four people that God didn't want us to see, but quit blaming this on yourself!" I dont think it helped much, but all i can do is try. He is an amazing missionary though and by the time we left to come back to Nairobi this morning i had him laughing about it so all is well.
I leave tomorrow for Kilungu Hills. I am pretty stoked for it. i might get a chance to e-mail on tuesday, but if i dont then i wont be e-mailing this week because i wont get back until hours before Mom and Dad and Spencer's plane gets here. But i will tell you all about when i see you, or possibly while i am with mom and dad and Spencer.
I said it when Mike came home and i am saying it again. I DO NOT WANT ALL OF THAT WELCOME HOME STUFF IN THE YARD WHEN I GET HOME. and since mom isnt there to force it, i am expecting it not to be there. i am a bit concerned about Megan. but Michael and Sam, i am counting on you to refuse to help and to possibly destroy anything that meg might make. Thanks.
Anyways, i dont really have a lot to say today. but i love you all!!!!! see you soon!
Love,
Elder Harris

1 comment:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

It must be a 3rd child thing....because I would detest the welcome home signs and "what not" too! :) Love you Josh and hope you ALL have a wonderful time together in Africa!
Aunt Sheri