Sunday, January 15, 2012

Letter to Spencer 15 January 2012

Hi LOVEY!!!!
 Tonight is one of those nights it just FEELS like you should be HERE. Sam and possee are downstairs dying Brady's hair black and goodness know what else. The holiday tomorrow is PERFECT for easing us all back into a regular routine after the Christmas break.

Dad was called to work in the Young Men's as the secretary today so now he will be gone Tuesday nights doing his thing. He already had a fireside tonight. I watched the awards show and realized how many movies I still want to see. Next time I'm sick I guess.
We had all the people Dad and Sam  Home Teach over for roast lunch after church today. Sam REALLY loves me now. All done at once, in under 2 hours and yummy dinner to boot!  Visiting is ALWAYS so much nicer than those darn LESSONS.

This weekend was AMAZING...in the high 40's...on Saturday I took off for a run at 3:30 because I couldn't stand NOT to be outside another minute! EVERYONE seemed to feel the same way. I past several other runners, tons of men washing their cars, families at the parks with kids running barefoot...kids on bikes and scooters EVERYWHERE. They say it could snow this week, the temps are suppose to drop tonight. I'll believe it when I see it. And if I don't see it I will darn happy. I could do more Utah winters here if this is how it goes. I've had a nasty head cold all week and it was so great to have the "heat" to help burn it out on my run. I swear it felt like spring. I could even smell the earth from the warming as I past several yards and barns. I know you wanted to know about the  weather. I am laughing at myself because I have mocked openly certain other people who only seem to be able to report about the weather. I am sorry my boy, I AM getting older.

Marta's wedding was at Sleepy Ridge so you KNOW I was so thinking of YOU the whole time. It was simple and small and I am happy  for them. Randy seems like he will be a great addition to the neighborhood. He's already come and watched a BYU something with Dad. His first move was put in cable at Marta's...and she LET him...so it MUST be LOVE:) The reception was at UVU...ALL IN PINK. I never really think of Marta as a PINK  person, but it actually really suited her. I thought I needed to leave a golf ball and baseball with our name on it somewhere in the room to make it complete.

Still getting ready for Sam's baseball Banquet, things are coming together really well. We have 2 donated trips to Kaui WITH airfare... that should go for ALOT. It is SO tempting since it is tax deductible. There is a trip to Monterrey, Mexico and all the normal St. George stuff as well. I will be glad to have the auction over and have the season START. I love those boys SO STINKIN' MUCH!!!!!

All the missionary moms came to our house last Monday for lunch and a download.  Stephen is still struggling with his jaw. Sefa is rocking it...I LOVE his Mom. Kristy Gunnell came and said how hard Honduras is...no doubt! Still no word on when Austin goes out.  Haven't seen the boys in a few weeks now. They talked alot about bike troubles. DO YOU HAVE BIKE TROUBLES? Sister Cardon told everyone how you had been made District Leader...and Dad swears that he told me, but believe me, that is when I found out too....SO TELL ME NEXT TIME WILL YOU? I love that you are a District Leader...cuz I already love the way you lead. The Church NEEDS men like YOU Spencer...the ones that care MOST about LOVE and the PERSON, and not so much about the programs....lead on sweet boy.

I LOVE YOU BIG...I LOVE MONDAY's!!! I hope you get to write earlier in the day tomorrow, but I am prepared if it is Tuesday since you probably can't get into the library tomorrow. I'm working but not till noonish. Dad and Sam have the day off...poor Meg has to work.
TREAT YOURSELF TO A GOOD DINNER SOMEWHERE AND THAT DOES NOT MEAN McDONALD'S!!!!
Your Momma   XXOOXXXOOXOXOXOOOOOXXXXXXOOXOOXXXO









No comments: