Thursday, January 12, 2012

Uncle Ambrose and Aunt Barbara

 When I saw this I immediately thought of Uncle Am and Aunt Barbara...and LOTS of other memories came flooding back. I remember Uncle Am getting dressed up and eating in the fancy restaurant when the depression was in full force...he couldn't afford to pay and was SO HUNGRY...and he offered to stay and do dishes and they let him. I remember Aunt Barbara saying how Kelly was the true beauty, but that I had great legs and not to worry because men liked a good pair of legs. I remember the Thanksgiving she was Sloshed and the turkey was a fried crisp by the time we got there :) I remember all the elephants in the elephant collection and how I loved to see if she had added any. I remember their spring and fall trips to Maine and the live Lobsters they would carry home.It seemed to me that for old people they were always having fun and I wanted to have the fun with them. They were great companions. I never understood THEN why they didn't marry. But I do now.
Taught the Activity Day girls to make these today. They wrote down their resolutions and then we folded them up into stars and they were DARKLING...YES...BOTH the GIRLS and the STARS.

3 comments:

Win said...

Thanks for bringing back cherished memories! And "ditto" about marriage!!

KellyandJax said...

You aren't going to believe this but I had a dream about Uncle Ambrose and Aunt Barbara. Uncle Ambrose came to me and told me that he and Mom and every I love is okay where he is and everything will be alright. Then I look at your blog and there he is...I have always been a little intuitive but this is great! I love this picture!! I see LOVE!! written alll over it.

KellyandJax said...

I had the dream 3 nights ago. The universe speaks..and those passed on are very close to us. Very wonderful!