Sunday, August 12, 2012

lake Powell

Last minute we were invited by Bartlett's to go to Lake Powell and stay on their house boat for the weekend. HEAVEN I TELL YOU!!!! I know you already know...but it made me feel bad that as a family we didn't FIGURE OUT HOW INCREDIBLE that place is!!!. I just LOVE me some WATER and it is water and more water and WARM water. Bruce is an angel and brought down BOTH jet skis and I would wake before the others--Dad too-- and Bruce would say "head out", and OFCOURSE we DID!!!...pure GLASS in the morning!  PURE JOY!!! My heart just bursts open as I FLY across the water and welcome the morning zooming all over the channels. I LOVE the person who dreamed and followed through on inventing the jet ski...so much FUN to be had in the world!!! We stayed pretty close to the house boat because it would have been so EASY to get lost. I figured out ANOTHER great thing I can do with my empty nester self---I am so going to plan some trips for ALL of us to go play together there. I BELIEVE IN JOY IN THE JOURNEY!!! AND in having true friends to share the way. You are SO going to love getting to know the Bartlett's better. Bruce is relaxed and patient and easy to be with...and KIM is a walking party. She has SIRIUS radio in her car and we listened to the comedy station all the way down and my cheeks literally hurt from smiling and laughing so hard. The boys all left at 6am but we both had a closing so we had to hang here till 2 on Friday. Driving with her was as much fun as the trip.
Sleeping on top of the house boat under the stars was so ridiculously FANTASTIC!!   I felt so safe being up high, and the temperature was more hot than not ,,,AND THE STARS!!!!! The falling stars use to make me sad as I thought of them as "dying"...but somewhere my paradigm shifted without me realizing it and I was EXCITED that change is real and memorable and beautiful! I think that has to do with the Power 90 Class I am taking. NONE of you would believe the ropes course I completed last Monday night. YES...terrified but determined...I CLIMBED UP and  JUMPED OFF a 25ft pole. NO, I DO NOT plan on EVER doing it again...but I did it. I did alot of other stuff too in the name of learning my limits and what my real core values are...pretty revealing.
I'm sorry I don't have pictures...I will have them for sure for next week...and if you can check earlier, I might have them before.
The Olympics are over tonight...I still have tons TIVOED that I haven't seen yet...but I will miss them.
AJ Duffy had his farewell today.  I am counting down the days till Josh and Michael come home. Megan and her current room mate will move in this week...her name is Laura and she is going to rent a room. We will see how long she can really take us:} Sam is sad that Roy McIlroy won the PGA Open today....he is STILL the Tiger die hard. I will see the surgeon about my foot this week...thinking I am going to have the nueroma out ASAP...some days walking is wearisome with the pain. YOU KNOW if I am considering the surgery it MUST be hurting. I so wanted to wish it away. At Powell I pretended I was washing it 7 times in the HEALING WATERS of Powell, but sadly, still pretty much the same.
Saturday morning as I was gliding along the huge cavern cliffs welcoming my morning on the jet ski, I was  struck by this overwhelming sense of Deja Vu...and I thought YES! I would have come here to this life JUST for this moment....and then I realized my conflict....here I was experiencing such exquisite HAPPINESS and my friend was going to bury her boy that same morning. The tears just gushed out and joined the waters all around me. But somewhere in there was a reckoning. I was loved by a sweet force that overtook the two feelings and combined them into a peaceful, yet fierce knowing....Yes, I would have come JUST to experience the jet ski on Powell...but I came for so much MORE. And YOU children are SO the SO MUCH MORE!!!!
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE MY Children!!! Shine on...love hard, play hard, and ENJOY the journey and make new friends to bring with us!!!
MOM
XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOO

No comments: