Sunday, January 27, 2008

27 DAYS until North Carolina Nieces and Nephews

I was pretty bummed at the beginning of the week when I found out Sheri and Gene and kiddies would NOT be moving to Utah, but to Cincinati, Ohio instead. We REALLY wanted them to come HERE...but we understand that great jobs are hard to find and Gene found a great job there. THE BEST NEWS in all of that is that I get to go stay with the kids February 23-March 2 while Sheri and Gene house hunt in Cincinatti. I LOVE my nieces and nephews...I'll be able to see Kelly and Jax too!! I'll be there for my birthday and we're going to make up for too many birthday's not spent together!!! And maybe a few other holidays...like egg hunts:) It will be a bit strange because the kids will be gone at school for most of the day. SOOooooo, I guess I'll just work from my computer and take really long lovely runs (if I can get brave in the neighborhood) and maybe watch a Rachel Rae show or two:)Actually, there are a few graveyards and county record offices I would like to buzz to if they aren't too far for a day trip before the kids would get home. This year keeps getting better and better!!!

I have been AMAZINGLY good not to moan and whine and complain about BOTH My laptop and desktop dying about 2 weeks ago. The family has been very kind to "share" the family computer with me. Yesterday I ordered this lovely DELL 1520 Inspiron Laptop to replace my 8 year old Dead Inspiron Laptop. The technican in hopeful that he can replace my hardrive so all will be restored. I'm praying so. I have months of work plat maps, due diligence, soil tests etc., on there...but MOST importantly in my family history. I have back ups on it, but the most current updated stuff is on that laptop. My desktop may just have to die...they still don't have a price on the repair...it needs a new mother board...anyway.I was so excited to have a RED laptop, but when they said I could only have VISTA on a red, I said NO THANKS, give me XP and BLUE. It will ship this Friday. I'm just a little excited...think of it, a CLEAN computer:)to start afresh:)

1 comment:

Jeremi said...

Have fun in NC!!!!

Drew will LOVE that you got a blue computer, she loves blue!