Friday, January 11, 2008

Do you love Jane Austin?




OK ladies, it's time to set your DVR's for Sunday, January 13th. PBS is kicking off their 4-month-long Jane Austen special, and trust me, you don't want to miss this! Masterpiece Theater will be presenting all of Jane Austen's novels in mini-series format, every Sunday night, right in the comfort and privacy of your living room. Along with 1995's Pride and Prejudice (Colin Firth/Jennifer Ehle), as well as 1996's Emma (Kate Beckinsale), there will be four new versions of Northanger Abbey, Mansfield Park, Sense & Sensibility and Persuasion. Eeek! It's enough to make any girl with a smidge of romantic inclinations burst her bodice! Consider yourselves officially warned. The series kicks off with Persuasion, starring the handsome Rupert Penry-Jones as Captain Wentworth (from BBC's MI-5 and pictured above). Time to bust out your smelling salts, handkerchiefs and petit fours; 2008 is shaping up to be a great year for dramatic television!

I totally stole this whole written blurb thing above from Megan Tenney Holdaway's site...like Anne of Green Gables said "to copy someone is the highest form of a compliment"

Now really...if any of you need a lovely, comfy, treat provided place to spend the next 4 months of Sunday nights... you are officially invited over...you must bring your own druel cloths however for when Colin Firth hits the screen. AND you cant' talk alot while it's on. I would also suggest a delightful side reading of AUSTENLAND by Shannon Hale this next week to keep you pumped up for the weeks to come:)

2 comments:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Ohhhh, I would LOVE to come over and watch with you....especially if I get to come alone...unattatched...without my children... :) But I'll be thinking of you on Sunday nights!
Talk soon! ---Sheri

KellyandJax said...

I will be thinking of you. I have popcorn and goodies and Jax won't take a nap so hopefully! I said, hopefully, he will be close to sleeping by the time this comes on.

I am very excited!

Kels