Friday, January 18, 2008

HAPPY 25th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY to US!!!




Don came home all smiles last night and handed me a file folder with flight and hotel reservations in it for April 24th -29th. Our 25th anniversary is the 27th ...and now I am all smiles!!!! We are finally getting a real honeymoon!!! No, two nights in the Washington DC Marriot with meals bought at the grocery store so we could afford cheap yuck hotel rooms on the drive back to Boise does NOT count!

He is taking me to CANCUN!!! I've put a few pictures of the resort here...you can see why I'm in love with it...all that WATER and SUNSHINE...and everyone knows how I LOVE a pool! You can lay on the cabanas on the beach all day if you'd like and they will come and serve you treats and drinks there. I am so going to read magazines and books and listen to my IPOD and try not to bake in the sun too much. I may have to count the days. I don't plan on leaving the resort!!! I love Don...even if there weren't going to be a 25th wedding anniversary trip. What I really love is when he "gets" me. His idea of his favorite vacation would be going to a destination to DO everything...scuba, paraglide, fish, site see...GO GO GO...but I just want to go lay very still and do NOTHING. Well, except eat and veg. And that's what he got me. After 25 years I'm happy that he still wants to celebrate! IF you run into him, make sure you tell him how AMAZING he is, how tickled I am, and how great of him to PLAN it all by himself.

I found this DIsney comic on a 12 year old girl's site and that made me laugh twice as hard...the only thing missing in the comic is me in running clothes with a caption
"my husband treats me like a princess"

3 comments:

kristen said...

yes yes yes yes yes!! You deserve it! That resort looks pretty fancy shmancy. Now all you can hope for is a free bar. Virgin drinks.....ooooffff coooouuuuurrrrsssse. Congratulations.

Hmmm...that comic looks familiar. :)

Jeremi said...

So jealous over here! Wow, you will have a blast and I agree you do SO deserve it!
Happy 25th you guys!

Michele said...

How exciting, and I agree you do deserve it and you do have one fantastic husband, but in return he has an equally fantastic wife but we all know that he realizes that. See you Sunday!