Monday, January 14, 2008

RACHEL RAY made our day!


It was snowing last week and I had the TV on when Rachel Ray made this Asian Glaze and put it on pork chops with a testimonial that it was a 30 minute or less dinner...I know it was the orange marmalade that hooked me...memories of our Melrose orange groves, that and the 30 minute promise...SO,anyway,.... I made biscuits,Potatoe wedges---thick cut potatoes mixed with 2 TBLSP olive oil and a package of Lipton onion soup mix spread on cookie sheet and broiled for 12/ hour, pan fried the pork chops and put this glaze on 5 minutes before serving, and served with snow peas, onions, zuchinni and yellow squash vegies and it was SO YUMMY!!!! And it REALLY was done...the whole dinner from start to putting on the table in 30 minutes!!!I'm never home to see her show, but I'm going to try a bit harder...and at least browse her 30 minute recipe book. This glase would be amazing on chicken or fish as well. Hope you like it! That fresh ginger root really rocked my socks. I was cooking 7 chops, so I used at least a 1/4 jar and I substituted soy sauce for the Tamari (about 5 tablespoons)ENJOY!!!

ASIAN GLAZEIngredients
1 almost-empty jar of marmalade (about 2 tablespoons)
2 tablespoons Tamari
1 small clove garlic, finely chopped or grated
1 inch fresh ginger, grated

I decided to include this recipe for Orange Sunshine Jello...since I've got oranges on the brain and it just picks you up on a winter's day and is great served with any heavy meat and potatoe dinner.

1 lrg box orange jello 3 cans mandarin oranges
2 cups hot water 1 sm pck instant lemon pudding
2 cups Orange juice 1 8 oz cool whip tub
8 oz cream cheese

Dissolve jello in hot water, add orange juice and mandarin oranges. Let set until firm. Make pudding as directed on the box. Add cream cheese and beat until smooth. Spread on jello. Top with cool whip.

No comments: