Sunday, March 16, 2008






Life without a computer is just plain SAD. I'm tempted to take an IT class so I can help myself when I need it. It's SUnday morning --420 dollars later...I still can't print!!! But!!! The NET is working! And my desktop is working and my laptop can get my e-mail---FinalLY!!!!
Spencer turned 16 on Wednesday. My baby can date now. If I were you women, I wouldn't hold my breathe though, he is more in love with his Golf Clubs than most anything else. AND, if it meant he would have to use some of his hard earned money on you instead of on a greens fee...probably not going to happen. His birthday lasted all week...we went to TUCANOS (Brazilian restaurant with meat meat meat)Monday night for his birthday dinner. Tuesday he golfed. Wednesday he skipped school with Sam and they golfed, went Lazer Tagging with the whole church youth group and then we went to the late movie --YEP, on a school night!!! Thursday we finally had cake and ice cream. He is such a sweetheart. He loved his ukelele...he's so musically talented. Almost always has the guitar in his arms. Now it's been the ukelele since his birthday. I try not to take it personally after the many attempts at the piano that obviously failed.
I spent Friday at a Genealogy Conference on BYU's campus. Just made me want to quit everything and go back to genealogy full time.It is truly amazing what the internet is doing in helping the world to find their ancestor's records. My favorite class gave us the top 50 research sites on the net....IF you are interested in this list...which is absolutely invaluable if you are researching anyone from anywhere anytime....go to www.progenealogists.com click on the RESOURCE tab, then it is the first article...and then you will see the list...I am making this list my home page. ANyway...just a tidbit.
GrandDad Steadwell was 88 yesterday (the 15th), he sounded tired on the phone. Family, please try to call him and let him know you remember him. He was going to CROSSROADS for dinner with Olive. He says they still have snow to his hip and that he is almost out of firewood (John Davis went to check on him and HE said that he has plenty) Either way...guess we'll need to make a "WOOD" trip out there before next fall.He says he might come to visit me in a few weeks since I'm not going his way...I did remind him that I have been his way 3 times since he's been here.

Things that brought me joy this week: Kristen's Blog ONE TIME...the sparrow outside my office window that keeps wanting and trying to get in(can't figure out what it is in here that has him so determined)....Clean sheets, I could change my sheets everyday, I LOVE the smell, the crisp feel...Issac (nephew) saying that he waited and waited and waited for me to call...a half day of Sunshine on Thursday...playing cards with the crew last night(NERTZ--I'm getting better!)...Don taking me to La DOLCE VIDA for lunch on Friday...organizing the wierd room...Upping the wieghts to 20 pounds on my arms...Taylor Swift's CD...Lunch with Barbara and Dana--group therapy...e-mailing Paula, lifelong friend from Melrose and catching up...e-mail from Michael saying he probably won't extend his mission...letter from his mission President giving us his release date so now we know he should be HOME JULY 31!!!Which is a Thursday, which is already circled and planned and dreamed about...yea..all that brought me joy.

1 comment:

kristen said...

can't help it...gotta post here too.

a) thank you...you are nice.
b) july 31st...harry potter's birthday, so pretty much all is well there.
c) i love reading every word you write