Saturday, March 8, 2008

SNOWMOBILE INFO

Rascal Flatts made MY WISH come true, I MELTed, and they TOOK (Take) ME THERE, and I STILL FEEL GOOD:)!!!! I loved reading the texts the audience kept sending to the big TV screens. I loved watching the 5 teenage girls in front of us get LOST in the whole experience.
Today I ran with Becki...FAR!!! She had to almost drag me the last 2 miles home. Spent the day at Derek Barton's wedding, grocery shopping and getting ready for Spencer, Megan and Kori's birthday dinner.
LOTS of birthday's this month. MARCH 9th is HAPPY BIRTHDAY to ALI xxxOOOxxx. March 11th is HAPpy BIRTHdAY to JEREMI...Spencer will be 16 on the 12th, GrandDad Steadwell will be 88 on the 15th, and Don 51 on the 25th. I love aLOT of people with March Birthday's!!!

Speaking of LOVIN' people...I found out the names and info on the inventor's of the snowmobile, just incase you were interested too...

The relatively dry snow conditions of the United States Midwest suited the converted model Ts and other like vehicles but they were not suitable for operation in more humid snow areas such as Southern Quebec. This led Joseph-Armand Bombardier of the small town of Valcourt in Quebec, Canada, to invent a different caterpillar track system suitable for all kinds of snow conditions. Bombardier had already made some "metal" tracked vehicles since 1928, but his new revolutionary track traction system (a toothed wheel covered in rubber, and a rubber and cotton track that wraps around the back wheels) was his first major invention.

Numerous people had similar ideas. Edgar and Allen Hetteen and David Johnson of Roseau, Minnesota were among the first to build a practical snowmobile in 1955-1956, but the early machines were heavy (1000 lbs or 450 kg) and slow (20 mph or 30 km/h). Their company, Hetteen Hoist & Derrick Co., became Polaris Industries, a major snowmobile manufacturer.[4]. It was only in 1959, when engines became lighter and smaller than before, that Bombardier invented what we know as the modern snowmobile in its open-cockpit one- or two-person form, and started selling it as the "Ski-doo".

So now we know. I wonder what they are inventing for us in heaven? Whatever it is, I'm getting in their line:)

1 comment:

NutMeg said...

LOL. OK, I seriously LOVED your comment on my blog! You are too funny! Of course you aren't too old to do book club!!! Come over...bring a friend, we would love to have you. I invited my neighbor and her teenage daughter who is in YW with me. Trust me, you are among friends! :) Do you remember how to get to my house?