Monday, March 3, 2008

HOME SWEET HOME

Thursday was St. Patrick's Day. We talked about what LUCK really is...it's when we are prepared and an opportunity comes our way...we talked about how we can MAKE our own luck by our choices. What good kids!!! It was MY luck to get to snuggle awake!!!
Sheri and Gene and Issac made it home and "Mary" was now reduced to plain ole Aunt Natalie. It was fun to get to be with William and to get to know him better. He loved his bubble blower I got him. Friday Sheri and I caught up on Sister stuff and helped Gene have time with his parents and showed the house. Sheri and Gene took us to my first Vegean restaurant called 'IRREGARDLESS" in downtown Raliegh. It was YUMMY.
Saturday was the BIG DAY for Audry...she was baptized at one of the sweetest baptisms I've been to. Afterwards we went to Chinese Food AGaIN...that makes 4 times in ONE week...my kind of a week! Michael, you'll see Gene's folks in the baptism picture...they just got back less than a month ago from serving a mission in Germany with the OUTREACH program---they were in Frankfurt the last few months. Sister Ahlborn taught me how to make Snitzel for you when you come home. It was great to hear her talk about Germany...of course I thought and thought and thought and thought of YOU!!! Kelly and Sheri and I haven't had a picture together in forever, so it was kind of fun. Wish I had a different dress on, but that one could be wadded up in a suit case. Isn't William adorable? Issac reminds me of JOSH!!! So lovey and content. Whenever I sat down he would race to sit by me and pull up his shirt for a back scratch. That boys definitely has our genes!
It is so GREAT to be home. I LOVED going, but I LOVE coming home. My pillow missed me, and my shower head. I just wish I could have brought them with me. Angel Megan had my favorite dinner and cookies waiting for me and Daddy had roses...and the boys had hugs...I keep thinking of that 1st grade reading book you kids would practice reading with to me...THE BEST NEST...The momma bird would sing:
I love my house, I love my nest, In all the world, MY nest is BEST!!!
Back to work today...good things happening in the Real Estate world. The boys had the day off school so I dropped them off at the Golf course...31 degrees, but sunny...see Joe Hatch in his short sleeve shirt and shorts...they are all still NUTS!
The deer didn't get ALL of my tuplip bulbs!!! a few are actually poking their heads through the dirt...it won't be long and I'll be getting CHICKS!!! And planting PEAS!!!
The Peterson girls and McKay Sanders came up this afternoon to visit me...they are all 4-5 years old...they missed me. I'm glad. And I was dang glad I had left over treats. I really like it when these little guys LIKE ME!!!! I'm HOME.

No comments: