Friday, August 29, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Sam!!!



I LOVE THIS BOY!!!! 14 years ago I was walking around the block again and again with my back killing me, not being able to breathe, and pretty sure I was going to die....I took myself in to the hospital to have my blood checked and they KEPT me and they took Sam right away. I had to call Don at work and tell him to get out of his meeting and COME NOW cause they were prepping me for the C-section already. This BIG BEAUTIFUL BOY came at 9 lbs something (like 12 o13 oz i think) 3 weeks early. I laugh because I THOUGHT I was OLD...

Sam is just straight up JOY!!! This is our traditional breakfast in bed...he slept in the back room on the couch that is in there while we are remodeling...his brothers (Michael and Josh) are up making noise too late these days so he has gravitated upstairs for his beauty sleep.

7 comments:

Jeremi said...

Happy Birthday Sam the Man!!! I hope your mom didn't throw you that surprise party! ;)

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Happy Birthday Sam! Wish we could celebrate with you! :) Love you!
Sheri and the gang

Michele said...

Hey tell Sam Happy Birthday from all of us here. Isnt it funny how the last one seems to be the one that just makes you smile when you think of them. (not that the others dont too) The road rash looks bad and yes thank goodnes you have a Dr. Brother to come to your rescue. Glad to hear about Graham.

Carol in Sweden said...

What a fun tradition...everyone in bed with the birthday boy! What crowd!

You are such a tough woman! Biking...25 miles! wow...

Miss Megan said...

Just catching up on your blog...yes, it's been a while.

Glad you agreed with me on "Breaking Dawn". I love that Chicken Pasta Salad recipe...I make it all the time. It's definitely the office favorite. I LOVED your outdoor chandelier, totally a Martha inspired project. I've never been up to Tai Pan, but now I think I'm going to have to go. And now you're in primary - yay! I think my favorite calling EVER was CTR 8. Those little guys still come up and give me hugs in the hallway at church. :) Love it. Can you believe it's Sept. already? I hope your arm gets feeling better soon!

Thanks for all your wonderful thoughts, ramblings, pictures and updates!

Carol in Sweden said...

Nat,
If Annette writes to you...she's my Swedish friend I've told you about...I had her son in my class and in another two years, I'll have her daughter! I finally gave her your blogaddress today!

Hugs!

Jamie and Julie said...

Sam, like Gandolpho's for breakfast with a Bear Claw?!

I sent Sam an electronic Birthday card, I hope he shared it with you because it's hilarious.