Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Magazine Life


When I was a teenager I use to DREAM about being married (that happend)and haveing a gazillion babies(that started happening until my c-sectioned parts said ENOUGH) and lots of "woman" parties were we just lounged around laughing together and my life was beautiful....ANd TODAY my life was out of a Martha Stewart magazine!!! I cooked some of my yummiest recipes and had a birthday party for one of my favorite friends...JULIE!!! Happy Birthday JULIE!!!! Now, the cake may not LOOK like much...but you whip this baby up and see if it doesn't just rock your socks!!!

AND I was able to hang my new outdoor chandelier from Tiapai Trading---which was gloriously fun to decorate. Now I want to hang it in the house for always and keep it filled with fresh flowers and holiday stuff...imagine those Jack be Little pumpkins around the edges instead of the apples....GOODNESS life is fun!!!
THe weather couldn't have been more perfect..just a soft breeze under 80 degrees I'm sure.


I'm sad cause Traci left before we got the group picture ...doesn't Julie have amazingly cute friends?
Tell me this doesn't look like a Martha Stewart event. I was so excited I left it there until dark. I just ditched work for the entire day and layed in the swing after they were gone. I read ESCAPE and daydreamed about future picnics and parties -- this time with green grapes and BLT sandwhiches and some kind of water...probably should put in that pond or waterfall...or we could just move the party to the beach, lake or river....yep I like the water.


Now, is this chandelier just too LOVELY or what...and it could be yours for 49$. I kind of want everyone to go get one so that when I have my children's wedding receptions I can borrow it from you and then I can hang them over tables all over the yard...just imagine it with me. Yep...too cool, I saw the pond in that imagining blitz...NEED that pond. Okay, I would probably choose the HOT TUB first...not that that would enhance the receptions...but then again, hey...we could put a whole new spin on receptions...maybe I'd like to go to them then.
Thank you for coming ladies. I LOVE YOU!!! I'm so glad we have birthdays!
I'll include the recipes in the next post.

3 comments:

Jamie and Julie said...

Thanks for putting on such a fabulous birthday soirée for Julie I know she enjoyed it.

Carol in Sweden said...

OH MY....I thought my life was complete...obviously not! when you come to visit me you can definitely bring me one of those chandliers...oh, go ahead a bring me two! I have a big yard! he he

What a LOVELY garden party! Pretty, pretty, pretty! Your friends are soooo lucky to have you around!

Natalie, if Martha Stewart were there...she'd tell you just one thing to make it even more lovely...chair covers! (You know you've got to start making those anyway for all those weddings you are planning! winky, winky)

Gonna make that salad!!! Thanks for sharing the recipes!!

Carrie Mullins said...

Wow, I thought you made that chandalier yourself!