Friday, August 8, 2008

Michael's Homecoming Report


Please forgive me...I haven't called around to personally invite everyone to Michael's Homecoming Report. BUT PLEASE COME IF YOU CAN. He will speak at our Sacrament Meeting THIS Sunday at 1pm--our chapel is the Stake Center on 600 N in Lindon...just around the corner from our home. And yes, there will be lots of yummy treats at our house after the meetings (4pm). Please come.


Soooooooo... it's STILL busy. I got this wierdo freaky eye infection (probably from leaving my contacts in too long) and my left eye looked like it was on fire and ached this dull aggravating ache. Jeremy fixed me up and I am praying to look somewhat normal for pictures on Sunday.


I'm running a half marathon tommorrow--yes, with all this company here. The course is suppose to be up Provo Canyon but the canyon has been closed for 2 weeks with the fires up there, so we'll see where they decide to run the route. I feel fat. Happens to my brain when I eat half a loaf of angel food cake. My weight hasn't changed but I still FEEL fatter. Lovely.


Michael is adjusting okay. Alot of the time he isn't quite sure what to do with himself. Dad is convalesing nicely and will stay here through the weekend. We expect Don's Mom and step Dad as well as his oldest sister Kathy sometime Saturday morning. I'm being creative on the sleeping arrangments--well, I'm still TRYING to be creative on the sleeping arrangements. I love a full house. Someone told me yesterday that nobody loved a full house and I was crazy. I told her that I TRULY DO LOVE a full house...she just not must of ever had the house full of the RIGHT people.


Less is more is NOT true when it comes to Hummingbird feeders. I just put up 2 more and now we have 4 ....my day ended late last night...about 8pm when I finally walked through the door. I got dinner on and hurried out to read BREAKING DAWN on the swing ...and the Hummiongbirds where SPECTACULAR!!! I had 3 or 4 before, but I swear I had at least 10 last night and they were "war-ing" over the feeders. I LOVE my back yard.


4 comments:

Michele said...

I'm sorry about your eye, I sorta feel guilty about it since I told you about these wonderful contacts. If Michael needs something to occupy his time tell him to come down to the Credit Union and meet the cute single girls. Let me know please if there is anything I can do to help!

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Glad to hear you are sittin down! How's the book? :)

susette said...

So happy for you to have your boy home. I actually got choked up when I saw the photo of you and him together at the airport. I am enjoying Breaking Dawn as well. My daughter got me hooked on these books. It's funny how people say they can't put them down. I am enjoying them but not fanatical. Daily life does have to go on. Good luck on your run. Sure wish I had the motivation to do something like that.

Jamie and Julie said...

I'm sure Michael's talk went well. Sorry, we missed it. We are glad to be safely home. Wish Sam and Spencer did better with their golf. I was excited to learn that Sam made the Varsity golf team.