Monday, August 11, 2008

Okay...Half marathon update...


Cleaned up knee..more black and blue today.

SOOOooooo...I ran like the wind (7 1/2 minute miles for 5.1 miles--just so you know, for ME that is too fast) when I fell...( I know it was 5.1 because my GARMIN was hit on the way down and lapped me then). I kind of think I passed out because I only remember the IMPACT of the fall and I fell FLAT on my cheek, shoulder, knees, forearms and THUMBS....yes thumbs...i run with them up and the rest of my hands folded and I hit them straight on...anyway...too wierd. I could go on and tell you the whole story about the guy who wouldn't let me up and then needed to "stay with me to monitor me"...but let's cut to the important part... I think I was only down about 4-5 minutes, got back in the race and still finished at 1:58...I was hoping for a 1:50...but with everything burning and bleeding and hurting I don't think that was too bad. Megan's room mate came up on me after a few minutes and helped to convince the GUY that he should let me go because she was a nurse and would keep and eye on me. THANK YOU EMILY!!!!

My cheek...looks like Don has been beating me...the flash didn't get it so well.
Road rash shoulder...okay, I'm disappointed you can't see how narly it is...
Must be the flash. You'll notice you can't tell in the party pics either...my hair hides my cheek.

5 comments:

Tiff said...

Wow! I hate to hear you fell. Should you go to the doctor?

Kels~

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Wow...you are one tough cookie!! GREAT JOB on the race!! And glad the Homecoming went well too. Michael looks great....soooo handsome...:) Our babysitter here in Ohio saw some pics of he and Josh and just drooled. lol!

Carol in Sweden said...

You are THE WOMAN!!!!
So proud of you for finishing after the fall! (And some GUY trying to pick you up at 45, baby you're good!)

Natalie, guess what? I ran today...on the treadmill (lots of rain outside) for, oh, 5 minutes, I think. But hey...that's a start! I walked fast for a total of 30 minutes and went 3 kilometers. My goal is to do this every morning before the day starts so I get it done and stop making excuses! Give me some of your will power! PLEASE!

Love you! Thanks for all your sharing!
Carol

Jamie and Julie said...

Your experience reminded me of one of my favorite poems...The Race.

Thanks for sharing how you got up and finished your race.

Kath said...

I am sorry that you fell. I know how that feel, as that happens to me quite often. Let me give you a hint on pictures up close. Turn the flash off and see how that turns out. I found this out the hard way, but the picture is more clear.

Love ya!!