Friday, August 15, 2008

TODAY



I'm afraid to write what I'm really thinking sometimes for fear....and then I think...FEAR OF WHAT? WHO?Like anyone who knows me knows I'm a messed up human wallowing in the whole earth visit thing... SO...here goes. I met Becki at the mouth of Provo Canyon EARLY this am and we ran 10 miles up and then 10 miles down. It was BLACK dark when we started and we jumped a few times at various noises on the trail that we were sure were ugly monsters going to eat us...no actually we thought it was Satan Worshippers who would torture us and then kill us. Sad but true. So, if we really thought this how could our judgement allow us to GO there? We are a mystery to ourselves.


At first I was ticked because the air is already SO COOL (it was 57 degrees!!!) and it is only August. After the never ending last winter I can barely stand the thought of summer slipping away. But then I started getting HOT from the run upwards and the wind had that smell of fall and was just lightly kissing my skin...and the endorphins hit about the same time, and James Taylor was craddling my brain from my IPOD so no worries could penetrate the melody or lyrics, and the sun started to peak through the trees on the trail, and I could feel Becky breathing in sinc with me and our legs were surging in rythym ...and I had this total out of body GRATITUDE experience where I LOVED my body...every inch, every extra pound, every misproportioned section--I mean...I LOVED MY BODY!!! I AM and WAS so GRATEFUL that I came to earth...my mind kept taking me to sensory experiences that can never be taken away from me...sitting in a hot tub, floating in a pool with my ears under and the sun warming all the parts out of the water, holding my newborns, smelling my newborns, eating loved foods for the first time,(specifically egg rolls and cheesecake) being held, that feeling of total control and inner STRENGTH I feel at the final push of a race, and a few other things I won't mention.

.

So, I am here to set the record straight. I know you have heard me say that I'm not sure how I got on this planet and that I'm sure I didn't sign up for all of this...but I am lying. I would have signed up if it meant I only ever got TODAY and the total euphoria mixed in that 3 hour run. HOW can people NOT run? And could the body perception God please let this feeling stay for a few weeks...a few years might be nice.

3 comments:

Montello Off Grid said...

Thank you for sharing this. You are in good company, but I'm partial to myself. So, know that you are at the very least in company with your experience.....and I didn't have to run!!!! It's good to know there are at least two natural ways to get there! Love you. P.

Carrie Mullins said...

You have every reason to be cautious. It's only smart to be aware of your surroundings (without being paranoid, of course!). I wouldn't be running around in the dark ... yikes! :)

Carol in Sweden said...

You are an inspiration...I'll get on my treadmill again tomorrow morning and think of you!

I don't like to walk by myself in the forest near our house...not because I actually think there might be a hoodlum waiting just for me to come walking by at 6 am...but because we have WILD BOARS roaming our woods! And you can hear them grunting around in their herds...scares me silly, especially when I MUST take the dog out for a walk when my hubby is at night work. I always make it a quick walk and practically demand the dog to hurry up and poop so we can go back home!

Always run with a partner and carry your mobile phone (with battery charged!) What a beautiful place to run in!!! There can't possibly be bad guys there!