Sunday, January 4, 2009

The last little bit

Hey Lovey...sorry I don't have many pictures. It's been crazy here with GrandDad and I haven't been as focused. Paul came down with the kids and I got to be with Sam and Molly for most of a day and that was a hoot! Molly just turned 3 on the 29th and would keep saying "I'm free, I'm free (three)"...which sounded just so ironic with GrandDad continually saying, "you've got me jailed up here". And, we do. It's breaking my heart. You'll read later where we had to take him to the Doctor...I am so GRATEFUL for Doctors...I just did NOT want to make that decision alone. Tomorrow alot more will be finalized and I will give you the details when I know them, but he can no longer live alone. He walked over to Walmart twice---once to buy an airline ticket home and the second time to make me mad because I said I didn't want him to, that I would drive him so he wouldn't have to cross State Street. I could give you a long list of things that he has done, some pretty comical, but mostly just hard to watch. In so many ways he is still ok... but when you can't take care of your finances or drive or want to cook for yourself...ugghhhh. I just can't quit thinking about how mad I'd be if someone were trying to take away my agency without my consent.
Annie & Katie and Tessa and Savannah Norman have formed a singing group "THE SAPPHIRE SISTERS" and they had their first GIG at the Heritage Nursing Home on New Year's Day. Paul was assigned to "cameras" and they made him "Dress the part"--what a GOOD SPORT!!! They were pretty good...That Tessa can REALLY sing...I'm sure you'll hear her when she gets home.
Rachel Otterstrom is engaged! Sometime the end of March is the day....I got this picture of them at Megan's New Year's Party.
Megan had a big shin dig at the Stake Center with an auction for OPERATION SMILE and Jake and Dave were the auctioneers. Megan said they were HYSTERICAL!!! YOu can only imagine!!! (granddad had just had his little escapade to Walmart so I didn't feel like I could leave him alone so I was at home with him New Year's Eve.) Dave and Jake went to some DECADES clothing store in Salt Lake to get their ruffly shirts. I'll make Megan write you with the details.
I took GrandDad over with me to just see how she had decorated it and she did her normal aMAZING job. They played singles against marrieds in some game and she said that was a kill too...
It is FREEZING here and has been the last couple of days...single digits at night. So that will help you to enjoy your balmy weather.
I thought you'd get a kick out of seeing me talking to YOU in the pantry...for the rest of our friends who don't know...the pantry is our phone booth. It is ALWayS noisy in the family room so we duck in there to be able to hear.
Megan's friend Andrew introduced us to a fabulous comic named Jeff Dunham a few nights ago. He uses puppets. Not particularly family friendly, but not horrible either. Been a sweet diversion with GrandDad. GrandDad will actually sit and watch. You know me, I can be weak sauce if they make me laugh. I wouldn't want the primary to watch.
I'm still having a riot connecting with friends on Facebook...even though they don't know the details of everything going on with GrandDad, its a comfort to have them to banter with during the day in the in between times.
Dad starts his new job tomorrow...and do YOU know anyone who would be happier to work at the church office building? I'm excited for him. I'm relieved for me. My world is a much more relaxed place when your Dad has a job. I plan to not forget the feelings the uncertainty brings--especailly when I hear that others are out of work. I wish I could figure out some way to serve those families. It's not an all BAD experience, it just is so dang uncomfortable.
I only have 2 clients right now. I feel mixed between concern that I'm not busier and grateful that I have the TIME I need to help get this GrandDad thing sorted through. Right now GrandDad Broadhurst has taken him to lunch AGAIN... he LOVES to go out to eat as you know, and you also know HOW LONG it takes him to eat. GrandDad Broadhurst has been a big help to me.
Spencer broke his tailbone New Year's Eve day snowboarding. I KNEW it was broke when he came in at 10:30pm and said he was done for the night and no one else was with him. I remember when I broke mine and I feel bad for him. He hasn't been back snowboarding since...still might take a week or so. Sam has made up for it ...he's been most everyday. Sam is growing like crazy. I keep wondering if he's going to get stretch marks from growing so fast.
His new friends from up near Clarke's have finally started to hang out here. Amazing what a draw Little Ceasar's Pizza can be :) I'm so happy to get it if it keeps them around here.
It's just WIERD Josh...you left, now Michael has moved out, and Megan moved out yesterday...only 2 kids home....JUST PLAIN OLD WIERD!!!! Michael came by this morning and I had to remind him about Sunday dinner tonight... just so everyone knows...SUNDAY DINNER IS NOT OPTIONAL (unless you have an apointment/date with a future family member:) ---and even then I want you to bring them HOME ).
I am surprised at how often AFRICA is in my daily life now...it seems like the news broadcasts more about what's going on there, the stores carry MANY more items related to it, billboards I drive by....Africa Africa everywhere. I just need "them" to quit talking about wierd worms that ruin your health and the like. I can tell you this. If a mother's prayers can keep you safe and from harm, you are the safest son on the planet. I had to laught the other day when I was praying for you and wondering if God could get aggravated with constant petitionings, when the thought came into my mind that I hadn't prayed for Michael specifically in a few days and it use to be HIM I was pestering Heavenly Father about throughout the whole day.
I have wondered what your week has been like with TWO white boys ...I'm eager to hear. I'm eager to hear EVERYTHING. Are you in the rainy or dry season...I forgot to ask on the phone. Oh yeah...Michael "borrowed" your snow board and I'm not big enough to stop him. He swore he'd replace it if he injured it...but you might want to shoot him an e-mail with your wishes.
I love you. We all do. Africa is such a LUCKY place to have you. We miss you. Talking to you really helped me. ONE DAY I'm going to be on the missionary committee and I'm gonna change some things...calling home once a month will be MANDATORY!!!!!









No comments: