Saturday, January 31, 2009

XCountry Skiing

For our Friday night date night a bunch of the couples on our street went up to Aspen Grove to X country ski. Now, let me say that when Johnathon FIRST sent out the e-mail asking for takers he said we would be SNOWSHOEING so I thought...yeah, that sounds GREAT!...I didn't find out until an hour before leaving that is was the SKIING thing. At first I thought I'd just bow out, and then I gathered myself together and thought "you're not a wimp, you can do this...." Well, let's just say that within the first 10 seconds I was heading DOWNHILL out of control, TRYING to get my skis in a V but they crossed OVER each other, got my pole stuck under neath the ski and down I went. Well, Don helped me up, it was DARK, I fell twice more and on the THIRD hill in the dark with the creek JUST TO THE SIDE OF ME AND TREES EVERYWHERE, I just bummy scooted around the bend and vowed the same vow I vowed the LAST time I had on skis...'I'm never gonna do this again!" We made it back to the head of the trail (less than 2 miles is my guess) and Norene was waiting--Don and Matt headed off to the advanced trail and we headed back to the Lodge to wait for everybody. We swapped African missionary stories ---Josh, Richard was hospitalized as well with horrible cramps, but doing better now.
Okay, IT WAS BEAUTIFUL... no wind, stars like no other, quiet except for the thrilled laughter
of the teenagers on the dark course loving the speed in the dark with their dates. This would be a great family activity ...minus me of course. Josh...definitely a GREAT DATE idea for when you are home. Josher...Jamie is sending you their love, everyone tried to pose for YOU!!!! we missed a bunch of the neighbors who were still getting their skis checked out.

No comments: