Saturday, February 28, 2009

I got NEW shoes, I got NEW shoes, I got new shoes, shoes, shoes....


Can't you just hear that cute little guy on Little Rascals singing with me???
"I got new shoes...."
I GOT NEW SHOES!!!! Let's just say that Hawk H and I are good enough friends (owner of the running store where I've bought my shoes for the last 12 years...) that HE KNOWS that sometimes I am a skinnier runner and sometimes I am a chunkier runner. Today...he just smiled and said "show me your shoes"...so I did, then he smiled again and said, "You've been putting in the miles...what have you been eating?"
EVEN my running partner BECKY has been lying to me...she says she can't tell a difference since these lovely "extra's" have taken up residence...and OF COURSE I have been LYING TO MYSELF!!! So...really truly...upon waking tomorrow...back to the old me that got lost somewhere around Thanksgiving....I have to log out now...I only have 3 hours left to eat everything in the pantry before bed.
Just so you know... when you get your 4 or 5 year old a new pair of shoes and they can suddenly run faster...IT'S TRUE...THEY REALLY CAN!!!!

No comments: