Wednesday, February 18, 2009


ohhhhhh...the more she writes the more I LOVE her...I admit that everything from hiding Little Debbie's in the closet to the books just appearing makes my soul kindred with hers...we obviously have some of the same issues. BUT, like Anne Tyler, she makes the dysfunction adorable and magical and LIKABLE---yet you don't even try to make it REAL. If you didn't read her first book GARDEN SPELLS...you SO owe me lunch for referring you to the lovely hours ahead. Can't wait to see what is next.
And her book covers....that's the reason I even picked up Garden Spells in the first place...and this one did NOT disappoint.
Think I'm going to read Deepak Chopra's the PATH TO LOVE next...anyone with me? Or any other suggestions?

Just a side note. I have this ADORABLE new client--Holly, she is pregnant with a boy and due in May--her first!!! The excitement for his arrival can be FELT in the Sequoia even after she leaves me. Tonight after taking Sam to Mutual I just wanted to sit in there and be with the feelings. Somehow, the thought of never having life in my belly again can send me to a deep dark place, only to be lifted up at the thought that I have FIVE children who will let me live through theirs...PLEASE. Whoever you are, and whatever you are doing to get ready to come, I am WAITING!!!!!! OHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhh the love ahead!

4 comments:

Miss Megan said...

I ALMOST picked up Garden Spells after I saw the cover, but someone told me it wasn't that great?! Hmmm...I will definitely have to add these to my reading list, and then make a lunch appointment with my favorite Natalie! :)

Natalie Harris said...

Okay...ANOTHER friend of mine said the same thing...I know that every book just depends on WHERE you are coming from at the time...but enough of my OTHER friends LOVED it, so I'm happily in my "place" where I'm coming from at the moment I guess. I got issues.

Jamie and Julie said...

It will be just a matter of time until you will be enjoying the posterity that your children will be adding to your joy. I guess the first step it that they will need to get married. :D

Here's a thought that will take you to a warm place - The smell of a baby when you hold them in your arms and you smell their heads. No other smell is quite like it. I like that smell.

Miss Megan said...

So true...I will definitely check it out from the library...