Wednesday, December 2, 2009

A BOOK I would give the world...


This isn't the END all...but it's a good beginning to CHANGING all. I love it when books CHANGE me. It's not a spectacular read. What is spectacular are the ideas and the UNDERSTANDING it awakens in your brain and heart. I want to thank our marriage counselor for giving us each a copy and asking that we read it. I would name him by name but he doesn't take any new clients...I sincerely hope that that is not because I have exhausted him for life. For those of you who really know me you are smiling with understanding right now. Now for those of you who are gasping because we are in marriage counseling I am sorry to startle you. Unfortunately, 26 married years later, I am still not perfect, and still can't quite see my way to the next level. I love imperfectly. I think we all do. I want to love better...and there ARE people out there who have the gift of showing the way. I am so grateful I found one of them. There are books to be read that can help too...and this IS one of them. And hey...I'm not out of here yet...and with more help, and LIFE CHANGING books...who KNOWS how loving I might end up BEING!!!!! Many of YOU are my light leading the way---through you I KNOW there is another level and I want to join you there.

2 comments:

Miss Megan said...

They gave a copy of this book to everyone who works at BYU last year. Mike read it and really liked it. It's sitting on my bookshelf as we speak...maybe I ought to pick it up?!

Miss Megan said...

P.S. One of the books that really changed my perspective on LOVE was "The Five Love Languages". If you haven't read this book, PLEASE get a copy and read it. Like you said, nothing life changing, but it certainly alters your perspective about how to truly love people...

xoxo Meg