Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I'm OKAY










I had to laugh this morning when Jamie called to ask me if I was OK since I hadn't posted in almost a week...the answer is YES...but it's been CRAZY!!!!
Don got home late Friday and we got up early Saturday to head to Boise to be there when his Sister Cheryl received her Temple Endownment. We awoke to wicked snow and an unplowed freeway. By the time we got to Ogden I was SO NOT GOING ANY FURTHER!I could really drag this whole event out....a personal hell for me for 7 and a half hours and a near divorce...but I will just calmly declare that I will NEVER get in a vehicle with my husband on snowy roads for any significant distance again in my life. Yes, he loves his sister. I love her too...I just believe God doesn't do STUPID, and just because she was going to the Temple for the first time did not insure me against roll overs, crashes, slides and the like.( I will never forget Merilee's cousins--mom, dad and 5 kids all packed into the van to head to Denver to be sealed in the Temple and they crashed and ALL OF THEM DIED). Call me OCD, call me whatever. I have Grandkids I haven't seen yet. We TEACH our kids that when they get in stupid dangerous situations to do what they need to to get OUT OF IT. You may be thinking poor Don, wonder what 7 1/2 hours with her was like. Well, it was QUIET. VERY QUIET. About a 1/2 hour out of Boise I did pipe up and say please don't kill me a half hour away...he was going 70-80 miles an hour passing Semi's on snow covered roads. We made it. When I got out of the Sequoia I was pretty sure I was NEVER going ANYWHERE with him again.
We went to the Temple. I didn't get a picture. We went to his family party and I didn't get a picture. We got to see Stacy's new house and I didn't get a picture(I think I was traumatized). We spent the night at the Comfort Suites and awoke to MORE snow. You guessed it...NO WAY was I going back in that. Don had pitty, had regained his sanity, or must like being married to me,...SOMETHING.. but we waited it out and stayed another night.
We took his Mom and Leonard to breakfast. We were able to see Ali's Ward Christmas Choir Program (she's the choir leader) which was truly amazing. I think all the beautiful and talented Mormon's live in the Eagle Idaho ? Ward. It was more than talent and beauty--it was Spirit filled. And I just so happened to be short on Spirit going in.(Go figure)Afterwards Paul had made the whole shabang Christmas turkey dinner for us (on like 2 hours notice no less). Annie and I went home to put it in the oven. I had to laugh because first she had me stop by her Dad's truck to get the Kitten out that had tagged along and no one noticed until they were in the church parking lot!! Annie gave me my favorite Christmas present so far...a pedicure with hot pink polish and sparkily glitter on top! But it was the foot rub that was SO SUPERB!!! Molly and Sam charmed us with a PROGRAM they had prepared special for us. And it WAS special. The bell throwing and stripping down to christmas PJ's made it unforgettable!

Meanwhile, Megan is at home playing with Sole. She did her hair, she took her and her friends Emma and Maren to the Charlie Jenkins concert (Meg knows the drummer so they got to tour the bus). Sole slept over at Megan's and they had a girl's weekend! Megan saved us by helping to get everyone out the door on Monday when we weren't coming home.

Sam and Patrick Clarke snowboarded at Sundance for the first time this season on Saturday. Michael brought his posse over to hot tub and take over the house while we were gone. Spencer swears he just slept through it all :)..oh, and worked out alot :)

Tuesday I played catch up with work and got to end the day with some of my FAVORITE "Peeps" at our Book Club Book Exchange...most of them are Raw Foodists so its kind of a joke that I am in the mix, but I LOVE them so much because they DON'T CARE That I'm not "one of them" in the food arena.

Today I've been working on an exciting project for work. Maybe tomorrow I'll do Christmas? Taxes?

THANK YOU Jamie for calling and asking. YES. I LIVE and I'm OKAY.

2 comments:

Michele said...

I am so glad to hear you are okay I was giving you until today then I was sending out a search party. I cant imagine you and Don fighting! But I know how scary the roads can be.

Madre Marsh said...

Have to admit I wondered about you too, Natalie. Glad you are back home safe and sound. Tawna