Thursday, December 3, 2009

Day 7 --YES...SEVEN!!!!


Let's just say I'm a little preoccupied with FOOD right now...and I think Day 7 just might be the hardest day so far on this cleanse. And hey...making dinner for the fam...I want an AWARD!!! Especially since this is some of my favorite ...so favorite I think ALL of you should have the recipe so here goes:
Chicken Cashew Stir Fry
(given to me by Barb Muirhead and she got it out of a Women's Day Magazine at least 12 years ago)

2 cups broccoli
4 oz. snow peas
1 carrot sliced
1 med. bell pepper
1/2 cup (I ALWAYS use more :)) cashews

1 envelope lipton onion soup mix
3T soy sauce
2 tsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp sugar and ginger
1 1/2 cups of water
Throughly combine and set aside
Put 3 Tbls vegt. oil in frying pan and heat.
Cut up 1 pound of chicken breasts into strips and stir fry 3 minutes. Add Vegies and soup mix. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Stir in nuts, serve over rice. Super yummy with fresh pineapple on the side.

As you can see, I only had broccoli and carrots and it is STILL YUMMY.

Tuesday night was the Relief Society Christmas Progressive Dinner. I SO WISH I had taken my camera...the homes were beautiful and the food about did me in...I took two appetizer...my favorite green onion cheese ball (buy it at Smith's--ready made heaven) and Spinach Dip. And as long as I am sharing some of my all time favorites...you WANT THIS ONE!!!

SPINACH DIP
(This was given to me by Jan Fowler like 25 years ago)
2 cups Mayo
2 cups sour cream
1 package KNORR's LEAK soup mix
1 can or cup of water chesnuts
1 small bunch of green onions
1 package of frozen spinach thawed and squeezed
Put the last four items in food processor until finely chopped. Mix all together. Hollow out french bread loaf and buy a 2nd loaf for dipping. I like it best on day two. You are SOOOOO gonna love me!!!!

Tuesday was day 5!!! And I DID NOT EAT ANYTHING THE whole progressive dinner!!! Where IS that AWARD??? Alas, the food snob in me still has not returned and it is day 7...I wonder when she's coming back????


No comments: