Sunday, December 6, 2009

Ward Christmas Party



Yesterday we started the morning early at the Ward Christmas Party. FINALLY (like the first in 5 years...they had one geared to the WHOLE FAMILY...meaning the CHILDREN. I was SO PLEASED!!!! The Reeves are an amazing family in our ward among whose gifts is to PLAN PARTIES!!!! They did an excellent job. I think even the seniors had a good time! Sole sure did. To introduce Santa they gave everyone a "part" to act out in "Twas the Night Before Christmas"...Don was the porch and I was the Wall :) They served sweet Christmas breads and fruits. Had tables for the kids to make cards and play games. A lovely way to start a Saturday morning. No. I did not eat.
And I did not eat at Winger's when the whole family went since Don is leaving for Guatemala this week. No. I DID NOT EAT the Pizza from Papa Murphy's for dinner.
We went to hear Michelle Lewis give her INCREDIBLE talk at her Stake Conference (she is in a different Stake than us). She is my sister. We don't need the same blood...it's still just as real.
But as soon as she was done and I was done being nervous for her...that sicko hunger, that ACHE in my upper rib cage, thatI am miserable, I hate everybody, must eat now feeling from the last 2 days over came me. As we left I looked at Don and said "I think I'm going to eat. Right now." He says"do we need to go get oranges and orange juice?" (that is how you are SUPPOSE to come off the cleanse). NO. I DO NOT WANT AN ORANGE OR ORANGE JUICE. He raises his eyebrows in that Damned if I do, damned if I don't expression WAITING for me....then he can tell I haven't really decided to break it and still wants to be the good guy and says..."You know I will take you WHERE EVER YOU WANT". People, that was it. It was all over. It was. It just was. I DID EAT. I'm NOT telling you what and I'm NOT telling you where. I will tell you that on the way, my mouth was literally FILLED with saliva in anticipation. I have NEVER had that experience. I can tell you, that the first mouthful was NOT a disappointment. Yes. I felt sick when I was done. GLORIOUSLY SICK. I swear I LIKED it. But when I got home I didn't want the treats. I didn't want the cold pizza. I had had enough. And this morning I don't have any cravings. I don't even feel like eating. I'm ready to continue the journey I started. Maybe there really is a part of food snob coming back. Yes Sara, I am a wuss. And there is NO WAY I'm calling you or texting you to fess up. I'll just be waiting...and somehow magically be able to run the whole route tomorrow:)

1 comment:

Michele said...

Thanks for being there for me, it helped me to calm down a little bit when I looked and and saw you and Don. Glad its over, cant remember a dang thing I said. Love ya tons thanks again!