Sunday, January 17, 2010

63 Weeks BABY BOY!! 10 Fast Sundays!

Lovey,
Another week done. The earthquake in Haiti has grabbed our hearts. I think we all have taken an accounting of our food storage and emergency preparations...and I of course think maybe there is a baby to be had....:)It really makes you think about living on a fault line. It is hard to see so much TV footage of what is going on without physically being able to help. And then it keeps YOU and Africa fresh in my OCD brain.

Michael is in California at Josh Packer's wedding. He seems to really like the people at Tucanos . Megan is in Idaho at a friend's cabin. Her trainer chose her for the Biggest Loser contest at Gold's Gym...she is thrilled. Spener is still job hunting and having a friend filled Senior year. I thought you three took the cake with friends over...but no, Spencer gets the award hands down. I am still so grateful that they come to OUR house! Sam is in the thick of baseball -his heaven. He's making sure he gets his fair share of snow boarding in as well. He and Patrick Clarke are snowboarding buddies. Patrick is HUGE and still getting huge"er". I think he's at 6'5"ish these days. Sole is sick and SO READY to go home. She will be happy to have the food she is used to. Pretty amazing that she has made it the whole time! Wednesday we head to Chile to take her home. I am working on my flying "nerves". Sure wish you could just beam yourself somewhere like on Star Trek. OK, that is a lie, I can't imagine letting someone dismember all my molecules and let them try to put them back together. Purrpuss has been missing for about 3 weeks. I am hoping that he is on a male cat adventure and working his way home. GrandDad Steadwell is same ole same ole. Dad is so excited for Chile as you can imagine. He loves Carlos. I love them too, I just don't want to fly to get there.

I am sending your Valentine's package on Tuesday....any requests? I am SO wondering if you have been transferred...to a place with beds and a chair or two!!!

I love you. If for some freak reason we don't write next week it will be because I am having problems locating the net in Chile. But believe me....pretty sure I WILL FIND A WAY....

I heard a phrase this week - "LOVE turns off fear". Just one of those Mama statements I like to chew on...thought you might like to think about it awhile too.

Mollie Johnson calls me on the phone sometimes, we are still BFF's. Nothing like a 4year old BFF! She called me last night and again tonight to "tuck me in"'. Her grandmom heard her pray last night and she asked that YOU (Josh) be blessed. Her Grandmom asked her who Josh was and she answered "he's just like our cousin!". Tonight she called with her made up joke--WHY did the pig cross the pond?"...."so he could eat a bowl full of flies"...now that just sounded like a Josh Harris joke to me where you are laughing on the floor and we just don't get it--so I had to share!

You are loved by so many people. Especially me. Thanks for letting me be your mom even with all my wierdness and control issues. It has made my life. Can't wait for your words tomorrow. Can't wait to have new ones to read and re-read. Sleep will be sweet knowing I will have your mail when I wake. It's Martin Luther King Day tomorrow so the kids are out of school and I get to run later...and wake later...your message should be there for sure. XXXOOOOXXXXOOOOO
MOM

No comments: