Sunday, January 3, 2010

Distracted....but FINALLY A POST!! TO JOSH!!!!










Josh Lovey...I have sat down a few times now to start to post and I keep getting wrapped up in all the pictures you sent, and then have to run off and do something else because I've taken so long. Africans are a beautiful people. YOU are a beautiful man. SEEING you brings me alot of peace and shear HAPPINESS!I still feel mystified over the miracle of YOU coming OUT of me!!!
That me personally could have no idea really HOW it was even done...all I had to do was be patient and wait my nine months (ok...AND THE DELIVERY) and then ...THERE YOU WERE! Perfect. Absolutely perfect--and MINE:) (ours...Dad is correcting this in head when he reads it I can promise)!
FINALLY it is Sunday night and no one dares bug me during my SACRED WRITE JOSH time...so I've poured over the pictures yet again...I ESPECIALLY LOVE THE VIDEOS!!!! When Diana saw me at church today she said that she bawled just hearing you...Mom's are all alike. I am so grateful that you have others who love you so much! The bowls and carving are exquisite! I am putting pictures on here so others can see. THANK YOU SO MUCH for all the effort and love you sent. Tomorrow I am going in search of a way to display them.
I was pretty rotten about taking pictures this week...I forgot the camera for most everything we did! We ( I should say just me, Sole and Dad) spent New Year's Eve at the Kohlert's with the Peterson's, the Sander's, the Harline's, the Torgerson's and the Meyer's. I LOVED that it was just so relaxed---like hanging out at our house but only it was at theirs! We all brought our left over Christmas treats and munched out while playing games. We played a new one for me called TABOO and we all really liked it. We'll play when you get home. Ron and Chris had their illegal fireworks in their hands when the Lindon Police showed up...they were cool and didn't give them a citation--even though when they asked who they belonged to they all laughed and said "Officer Carl Neilson"...poor Carl (he lives the next street over from us). Thank heavens the Officer's laughed! McKay had the punk in his hand and I guess just dropped it when they asked if he had been lighting them. I was in losing at Trivial Pursuit when it all went down. But SOLE LOVED the fireworks and was there for the whole thing and thought it was quite exciting. She loved playing with all the other kids.
Spencer had friends here --after a 24 hour Poker game...I want him to write you about it. I am SO SAD I didn't get pictures!!! The pool table was covered with Red Bull cans, and he and his 3 favorite HUGE Tongan friends were giggling like girls. One of them plays foot ball at Brighten and is the number one recruit for Defense in the West...I am talking a BIG BOY...the other 2 are crazy big as well. I always feel an extra sense of SAFE when they are in the house:)
Sam went to his friends...Megan went dancing and to a few parties in Salt Lake. Michael went to Steve and Jessica's "Mock"tail party. So there were Harris ringing in the New Year ALL over the Valley!
Braiden is home for the Christmas break so he's been hanging out with Megan...everyone wants to know what is going on and I truly have no idea. I don't think they do either.

Alec arrived safely from England and stayed with us until yesterday and is now living at Riviera on campus.

Danielle Torgersen had surgery so we had the rest of the family for dinner tonight and sent her some home. Ron is always a joy...still crazy busy at the shop...think he'd be dang glad to have your help right now!

Olsen's came over for our annual New Year's Resolution Dinner the night before New Year's...EVERYONE says HI...I did get a few pics of that. Kristine's Joshua is talking like crazy and just all boy. No baby anymore. Janey is still beautiful. I have always liked her so much. Paul Sr. still has the same resolution:"Don't yell at the kids"...now he's just changed it to GRAND KIDS:) It was so good to be with them all.

We saw the movie about the South African Rugby match INVICTUS...I am always a sucker for redemption movies. You will love it. Morgan Freeman only gets better with age. What a dear man. When you get home we'll lock you in a room for a few days and let you get all caught up. The Sherlock Holmes movie with Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law was only fair. The biggest surprise to me was how much I liked AVATAR...my mind keeps spitting out new thoughts and feelings from the movie for me to chew on and I LOVE that. Amazing writing and thoughts. I think I might even try to see it again.

NOELLE IS ENGAGED!!!!! He seems pretty incredible too. My heart can hardly hold the happiness I feel for her. Such a GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD GOOD woman...and you know he can't even begin to know what a good decision he's made...it will probably take him years to realize the extent of her.

Sister Afton Huggard died and the proceeds from her property are all going to the Perpetual Education Fund. There are 7 lots in addition to her home--all half acre. Shirl Tomlinson was her Bishop and in her will had named him as the executor of her Estate. Well, you know how long I have been helping the Peterson's and Anderson's try to find property in Lindon...God has heard some prayers, or has been wearied by us ...Shirl is allowing them to take some of the lots. They aren't "listed" so its not a deal for my brokerage. I am just so dang happy that we get to keep Matt and Kim in the neighborhood and then bring the Anderson's over into the ward. Of the 7 lots I have 5 with money down on lot reservations---only 2 left. I SO WISH I could afford them to have them for you kids...OH TO HAVE YOU BUILD SO CLOSE TO ME ONE DAY!!!! I guess I will hope that by the time you are all at that place in your life the Fryer's will develop their land. It has been exciting and kept me pretty busy for the last week...you can imagine how many people are interested and phoning. If the economy were different it would ALL be gone. I think Afton would be thrilled that her land is going to Lindon"ites" who want to stay Lindon"ites". Land love is an emotional thing. Real Estate is almost always an emotional transaction. I love it when it works out.

Michael lost his job at the Plasma center. He hasn't been able to find another. He has some pretty good leads, but nothing final yet.Between his apartment, car, insurance and everything else he isn't going to be able to go to school this semester. Tuition was just the one more thing that he couldn't swing. He is even thinking about moving home and just working like crazy and trying to save up for a few semesters. It makes me even MORE motivated to get going on your scholarship stuff...you will be SO GRATEFUL for your grades love. It really IS like having a job in High School to keep them up. I could KISS your 4.0 right now.

I LOVE YOU!!! I can't help but keep thinking about the heat and your trying to sleep. FLorida memories overcome me. REALLY...you go get fans and whatever else you need...just let me know how much money I should add to your account to make you feel ok about it. I am no PRO at raising boys...but what I know about MY boys is that to keep you happy you need to EAT and SLEEP and be able to run around for a bit when you get pent up. And if its so hot you can't sleep you aren't going to be such a happy boy.
Can't wait to hear from you!!!! Happy NEW YEAR...THIS YEAR you come HOME:) When you look at the moon...I'm looking at the same one...XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXX
Mom

No comments: