Sunday, January 31, 2010

Letter to Josh 31 January 2010

Joshy--
I am still loving all the pictures you sent us!!! I have sent your camera card back in the Valentine's package taped to a card, so look carefully for it.
HOW IS NAIROBI?
It was more than cool to be able to get your message last week while we were in Chile. The internet is a miracle to me.
Going to Chile reminded me how small I am in this universe. How small my contributions are, how small my knowledge is, how small my dreams have been. Traveling is good for the soul. For the first time I really liked it. Not the plane parts of course...but even then...when I forgot that I was up so high in the air and just plugged into my movie or book, even then I was glad for the time to be doing those things.
YOU are making a real contribution. I am so proud of you. I am almost ready for Africa. I need a few months on the ground ...which fortunately I have.
I will keep updating on the Chile trip throughout the week. EVERYONE there says hello. I was warmed by the number of family members that not only remembered you but wanted to know what you were doing and then sent their love and best wishes. It made me think hard about who we rub shoulders with and who we share this earth life with and WHY? Just makes you want to be a better person and do whatever your part is...
I love you. I love more than that feeling of the plane just having landed safely and you KNOW you are going to make it home now. I love you more than life changing conversations with good friends. I love you more than sleeping in my own bed. I love you more and more an MORE!!!
MOM XXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXX

No comments: