Sunday, January 31, 2010

SAME KIND OF DIFFERENT AS ME


Now I realize I have probably used up all my "YOU GOTTA READ THIS" 's...but really, you want to. A full quarter of the book is underlined by me. My favoritest part is that it is TRUE. They live on my planet. Right now they do. They breathe the air that I breathe. I LOVE real life stories where the redemption is literally a better understanding of God, and of HIS will for us. Seems I struggle with clarity on this subject most days.

A quote or two to help you go get it ---(I love the straight Denver Moore quotes. You WILL fall in love with this man).
"I met Miss Bettie before I met miss Debbie. She ain't no nun or nothin like that. We call her "sister" cause she's a real spiritual woman.
I don't know how old Sister Bettie was when I met her, but right his minute she got a crown a 'hair just as white as a cloud on a summer day, and twinklin eyes as blue as the sky them clouds go sailin in. When she's talkin to you, she'll lay a hand on your arm like she's knowed you all your life, maybe like you was her own child...." [I wanna be a Miss Bettie when I grow up]

"Even though I'd had a word or two from HIM about His purposes, and even though I'd delivered them to Mr. Ron like He asked me to, that didn't mean I had to like it. And I told Him I didn't like it. That's the good thing 'bout God. Since He can see right through your heart anyway, you can go on and tell Him what you really think".......[Now, THAT is the God I know]
ENJOY!!!

1 comment:

Gene and Sheri Family said...

Oooooo....can't wait to get it!!! Glad you got back safely! :)