Sunday, October 4, 2009

God is ESPECIALLY FOND of me...


SOOooo...I just finished the book THE SHACK a few days before. It has been rolling around in my head ever since. I was on my 7.23 mile running route about 5 miles in and had been praying most of the time...I was sad, complicated sad, the sad I knew God couldn't just zap and have it fixed. I felt TIRED of ME. So after a bit I got this idea to ask if they could just send me a surprise...like when you are 7 or 8 years old--old enough to know real surprises don't come along so often, but young enough to wallow in the buzz of it. I wanted to FEEL that kind of buzz...and the kind of love when you KNOW someone did something JUST FOR YOU and ON PURPOSE. Ok, and I didn't want just SOMEBODY, I wanted my GOD. I asked for a surprise, and asked if it could come soon since I was sad, and that I would KNOW FOR SURE from whence it came....not a minute passed, not a quarter of a mile-- and I run past a home with THIS box and 4 grocery bags of Iris bulbs. Three days before I had been in Home Depot and they had 2 Iris Bulbs for $8 and I WANTED them, but I decided to be a big girl and pass, because if I was going to get them, I'd want at least 8--but really 12...I like to plant things in big clumps for show. I didn't want to pay that much money right now. And there I was in front of a box of FREE IRIS BULBS!!! And I KNEW. I just started bawling like a baby. I took 2 of the sacks and put the hand holders high up into my armpit one over each shoulder and cradled them in my elbows as I ran the rest of the way home. As I was saying THANK YOU, the thought came into my mind...I am especially FOND OF YOU...you get not only ONE surprise, but TWO...you won't know what color they are until SPRING!!!!
And then, later that morning I went to show a property and on the way home I passed this house and this box was still there...I pulled over and put it in the car KNOWING they were ALL really mine...and I now have exactly TWELVE bulbs.
My God loves me. I have a lifetime of miracles to know that. But I still forget.

1 comment:

Nellybelly said...

That is so cool, Natalie. It made me smile. I already knew that--but it is so good for you to know it yourself and right from the SOURCE!

I love you my dear sweet friend. I am especially fond of you, too. N.