Sunday, October 25, 2009

Soledad's room

So, Thursday morning I woke up and got Soledad's room together in the middle bedroom and it just didn't feel right. I've known she's coming for forever and toyed a few times with the idea of booting Dad out of his office (because I had JUST had those cute shelves added when we decided to put him in there, and Dad doesn't care about cute)...But I just couldn't work up the gumption. The longer I stood there trying to figure out what I was going to do to make her room more cozy, I knew I was going to move Dad out and over and want to paint her room green since she told me earlier her favorite color was green. At 10:27 am I decided. I wish I had taken before and after photos. I started with a frenzy moving all of Dad's stuff out which did include a huge couch I had to cut the leg off to get out. I had book group at 1pm, and the Stake Primary Meeting at 7pm....with the help of Megan who came home on her lunch to help me take Dad's desk apart and reassemble it in the other room (which she loved, just ask her) and Spencer who had a 1/2 hour between school and work....I was done painting by 10pm and Voila...but NO you cannot see what Dad's office looks like right now. And I thank him for the momentary inconvenience.
Its not so much an eleven year old girl room, but it FEELS better to me than the middle room for whatever reason.

No comments: