Saturday, October 31, 2009

Josefa's last day

Sole's TB test was negative--which we KNEW already, but to celebrate since we were in Provo to pick up the test results we went to my favorite LA DULCE VIDA for lunch. TheTortellini alla Panna is one of the tastiest things on the planet a person could put in their mouth! Josefa agreed. Soledad had pizza and loved it. She is worn out from the hard concentrating on English. I watch her do what I do when I have had enough Spanish for the day in another country...I just ZONE...I tune it all out and get happy in my English thinking mind. At lunch Sole would come in and out of Josefa and I's conversation with jokes/riddles in Spanish and they were like ours where 100 people get on the bus and 3 get off and on and on with the numbers and then they want to know the color of the bus drivers eyes... it comforted me because then I knew she was having happy thoughts in her tired brain even though I knew she was so nervous to have her sister leaving her ALONE....with me. She is only 11 and can't begin to know how much I already love her or the care I will give her. I would be nervous too if I were her. It will just take time. Please pray that the English will come FAST to her understanding. Even if she doesn't speak it well for awhile, to understand is a huge comfort when everything else is so new. SO...everyone...again, PRAY that her mind will begin to understand the English SOON.
We did a final run to Walmart. At dinner Michael asked Sole to name some of her favorite things about America and the first thing she said was Walmart....we should do a commercial! After Don came home we took the girls to BYU campus where the sweet memories still make my heart beat fast. The smell of the Bookstore is the same even after 26 years...that candy counter must be the eternal spring of sweet smell....and all the new books...that new paper smell that sets my body tingling! How LUCKY was I that I got to work there??? All those dates picked up while "working" at my register....:)
It was so fun for them to see everyone wearing their Halloween Costumes...at the Univeristy, in cars driving, in Wal Mart---EVERYWHERE. I am so glad WE have Halloween! I am trying to convince Josefa to come her to finish her school. I will work on brainwashing Soledad while she is here as well.
Talk about an amazing EATING day! For dinner I had the Tai Crunch Salad at California Pizza kitchen (deliciousness)...Sole had pizza again and now I know how to make her happy! Michael and Josefa went to a costume dance and had a blast. Poor Josefa left this morning with no sleep.
Seeing her go was so hard. Sole is still teary which makes me teary...I am going to fill the day with FUN to help take her mind off it all. She is in the pantry crying out the hardness to her mother who is now probably crying because it is as hard on HER to have Sole gone as it is on Sole to be gone.....the things we do so that our children can be their best selves can many times break our hearts. LET ENGLISH and COMFORT COME QUICKLY TO SOLEDAD!!!!!


No comments: