Sunday, October 18, 2009

I Miss You....Happy Birthday MOM!!!

Saturday, October 17, was Mom's birthday. Lots of years I've dreamed about her on her birthday since she's been gone,(11 years?) but not this year. She would have been 65. ONLY 65!!!! 53 years old is just TOO FREAKIN' YOUNG to leave your kids...to leave ME. It's all about ME, don't forget! Don is 52 right now. 11 years later and I'm still ticked. Am I EVER going to grow up?? In defense of myself, I am convinced you NEED a Mom your whole existence. Life has just been a mystery to me the whole way through and still is and dang it I WANT someone who has already been there and done it to lead the way. Really.
Look at how beautiful she is. I'll never forget the day she said she was done dying her hair...I think she was 48-49...WAY TOO YOUNG...but she had been completely gray since her early thirties. When I asked her WHY she would want to look prematurely old she just laughed and said "I WON'T!!!" I'd be that gray now if I didn't dye my hair. I hate to get it dyed but I am too vain, and not anywhere near the classic beauty she has always been. She could have gone purple and still been beautiful. Can you believe how much Sheri looks like her?
Mom, what would YOU do about GrandDad???? When are you coming to visit to TELL ME?!?!
GrandMom, you feel free to join her...I've been missing you both.
She had me at SEVENTEEN...barely 17. Spencer's age. Still can't help wonder if the events my arrival brought crushed her dreams. Life is paradox.

No comments: