Friday, November 11, 2011

11-11-11

Are your WISHES ready? Mine are...thought through and written down....and already made. A MOST MAGIC DAY that won't come again for another hundred years.....CELEBRATE THE BLESSINGS!!! I am LOVING that it comes on a FULL MOON and Veteran's Day.
Our family has a PROUD and long history of service...The upper medals were my great grandfather Arthur Simmons who served for Britian but received the coveted AMERICAN Purple Heart (that was very rare!!!).
The lower medals belonged to GrandDad--William A. Steadwell, who served in the Royal Canadian Army. His original medals were stolen and the last year of his life the Legion in Brussels had them represented to him. It meant the world to him--with tears in his eyes he said "I never thought I'd see these again". That service and the tragedies he endured affected his whole life. There were many others in our family lines who served --some in the Civil War and on both sides.. But these men were the closest to me. Don's Dad and his brother Kelly both served in the Navy. Forgive me, but as a mother of four sons, I PRAY they will NEVER KNOW the horrors of it all.
GOD BLESS OUR MEN IN ARMS.

No comments: