Sunday, November 27, 2011

Joseph's farewell

Jospeh was running in late :)--- I snapped this for you Spencer...as always he wanted a Spencer update, but his Dad was hurrying him to get his coat on and get IN THERE...   :) 
It was Cade Houle's farewell today also...Dad and Sam went. I missed it because I got to sub for Riley and Taylor Nielson's Primary class. Elise Lundberg, Ryder Kirby and Emma Southard were in there too (oozing with energy and cuteness!). The lesson was on fasting. I was a little shocked that they would be having me give a lesson on FASTING to 6 year olds... ALL of them were convinced that THEIR parents had NEVER fasted. ( For those of you not Mormon, they have the membership Fast the first Sunday of every month and that week the Sacrament Meeting is a Fast and Testimony Mtg). When I told them fasting was a way to get closer to Heavenly Father and Jesus,  Riley gets this nasty look on his face and starts shaking his head NO and says "that WON'T work, all you're gonna do is think about how HUNGRY(he says with a roar) you are".... I explained that the being hungry helped you to remember to think more about what it is you were fasting for....that it helps you to pray more...to which Ryder interupts and says,"I have a GOOD idea...quit praying and make a sandwich, and say a blessing and God will know you love him."  Amen Riley and Ryder. Amen.

2 comments:

bananaboat_577 said...

Thanks for the laugh! I'm officially blog stalking you.

MontelloOffGrid said...

WORD!!!!!