Sunday, November 6, 2011

6 Nov 2011 Mom to Spencer

Love Bug...XXOOXXOOXXOOXX
Another week...So happy for the daylight savings time change, but WEIRD to have it DARK at 5:30!!! At least it will be light when I get home from my runs in the morning now. It's felt a little "off" to leave in the dark and come home in the dark. It was lovely to have the extra hour today...not that I could sleep...but everyone else did and I had the house to myself.

I subbed in Primary today for the 6 year olds. 6 is really one of the greatest ages to be. So much unsuppressed LOVE just oozing out of those little bodies. Parker Williamson was in there. We already have deep love for each other---he made sure to remind the other 2 boys (both new in the neighborhood, you don't know them) that they had best be on their best behavior for me. I'm crushing right back on him! And Mylana sat by me and let the other 2 girls (both new as well) know that we have been friends since she was a baby:). A brand new girl with severe disabilities came for the first time today. Her name is Izzy. She can't talk or walk so she is bound to a wheel chair. When the kids get a bit more use to her, her mom will bring a computer that attaches to her wheelchair that she uses her EYES to operate and make talk for her. The mom says it is pretty distracting to the other kids so they will work it in later. I'm excited to see it.  In addition to her physical disabilities she has autism. She kicked around her legs, flung her arms and made noises every now and then, but was such a trooper considering it was all new and every limitation she is dealing with. I will be excited for the day we can make and keep eye contact. My heart is pressed, it almost feels panicked in a way...I just want to be able to LET HER OUT. My room was super tight with the wheel chair and the mom...I couldn't decide if it really was the scrunched space or the thoughts of her not being able to express herself that made me feel so claustrophobic. Jamie (who I subbed for) works once a month on Sundays. I am begging her to let me sub for her permanently on that week to help make staying at church for 3 hours more tolerable.

Ben Platt blessed his new little Olivia today, and Britta and Scott Peterson blessed their new little HENRY who has a BUSH of hair. So much like our Michael. Noelle Platt's little Emily is still in the hospital with heart troubles. They released Sister Reeves as the YW Pres. and put in Sister Southard. Dad still doesn't have a calling. Krystal Knickerbocker AND her older sister are getting married.  Elections for city counsel are Tuesday and Matt Bean made the Primary's and we have our fingers crossed he will make it. It is officially winter. Most of the leaves have fallen. We'll get another big storm next weekend. I had forgotten just how freaking cold 26 and 28 degrees can be to run in. It's not so bad if its not windy---but I bought a 6 months pass to the PG rec this week and had to use it twice . The circles round and round and round are hard for me. Saturday I was so THRILLED when Karie tagged me as she passed and said "you're it!" We ran 3 miles together before she had to go and I didn't even NOTICE the circles!! Gotta get synced up with her running times. She says Mike writes you every Monday so I don't have to try so hard to keep you updated on him.That's pretty much the Lindon news.

Michael and Andy came for wild rice turkey soup and rolls for dinner.Michael is working over 40 hours a week at PF CHANG's...and I am just being an AMAZING mother and NOT asking how that is working out with school. He's happy and that's whats important. He brought a DARLING girl over last night to watch a DVD, but he swears they are just friends. I never snuggled with my guy friends unless they were MORE than a friend. A new generation :).  Josh had the throw up thing this weekend that I had last weekend. Poor kid...strep right into that...and 2 hours away from ME!!!! ARGHHHH! He'll be home the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. Please let me know YOUR plans for Thanksgiving!!!Sam is smoking it at the school Ping Pong table...such a FUN idea for a High School. The house is still rocking with all of his friends...I can't imagine how I will survive next year when EVERYONE is gone. I may have to become a foster mother. Sam will write you tonight to REALLY catch you up. You can see from the Blog what Dad and I have been doing. Megs is a working machine.
Haven't heard from Grand Dad B in a while, and still no news as to exactly who is coming for Thanksgiving. If its NO ONE, we will have a Movie Marathon and break from the traditional turkey stuff and go with whatever the highest voted favorite dishes are.

Watched the NY City Marathon today and made me wonder if I will run one next year?So totally not even in my head that they could AVERAGE 4:45 minute miles!!! Of course the woman and the man who took it where Africans!!  Already starting to think about my plans for 2012.

I LOVE YOU BUD!!! Tell me EVERYTHING...still wanting to know if you did something wacky to mark the 6 month mark? Don't forget to tell me about your Thanksgiving plans. How chilly is it? Do you need your blanket now? Do you go to a laundry mat to do your laundry? Are you able to do P90X? Do you need a door bar thingee for the pull ups and stuff? Santa is SO going to FIND YOU... :) xxooxxooxxooxx

Can't wait for morning! Hope somebody who is a great cook had you for Sunday dinner. You are the SUNSHINE of my life...
Your Momma!!!!
XXOOXXOOXXOOXOXOXOXOXOOXOXOOOXOOXOXOXOOX



No comments: