Sunday, February 24, 2008

DAY #1 as MARY P






I'm actually too tired to try to figure out HOW to write this and have it publish in Sequence, so...here goes..
I got in after midnight and everyone was sleeping so I just read and went to sleep.Gene was an angel to pick me up so late and it was GREAT catching up with him on the drive home. Even in the dark I could FEEL my "Florida" trees...and getting off the plane you could smell the humidity in the air.
I woke up to the happy noises of Issac and Audry in the kitchen giggling TRYING not to wake me (3:30 my time). I was so excited, it was like Christmas morning and I bolted out, redeemed my fair share of kisses and the fun began. I gave WIlliam a bubble blowing machine and the fun COULD NOT WAIT (we couldn't mess up the house because of all the showings schedlued for today so I just blew them through a wand. Might I say that EVERY day would be better if it started with BUBBLES...of course then you also need a little William to jump up and down flinging his arms wildly saying POP POP POP in the best 20 month old speech he can scream:)
We had to be out of the house from 9-3 because there were to be so many showings. CHurch took up until noon. Note how well dressed and reverent they look...and you would have had your buttons busting off if you had heard Audry's talk in PRimary (in front of about 12 adults and at least 30 kids)she spoke on the scriptures in Mosiah 18 ALma the YOunger baptizing at the waters of Mormon and concluded with how excited she is to be being Baptized herself this Saturday. Yep, I'm her Aunt...my shoulders were flung back and I couldn't quit smiling.
We took a picnic lunch and had amazing microwave cuisine in the church kitchen..HOt pockets, little smokies in a blanket, grapes, pumpkin muffins, peanut butter crackers, molasses cookies...YUM. I sent AUstin the game TICKET TO RIDE for his birthday last year...if you double click on the photo you will see whose picture is next to the Salt LAke CIty depot...I told him that everytime they played, they had to all say together WE LOVE OUR UTAH COUSINS BEST!!!! ( I taped our picture on the board, and the new rules inside the lid of the box...and then whoever got a "trip" to Salt Lake automatically gets an extra 10 points...nothing like brain washing) It was surreal to be there playing with them..., especially in the church kitchen!!!ISSAC WON!!!! We laughed and entertained each other until 2:30, headed home,on the way DOn called to tell me he was with SAM, guess where? YEP!!! Getting his ankle X-RAYED..thank Heavens it was only a very nasty sprain(he has traveling baseball league tryouts on Tuesday and Wednesday).
We were in the door no more than 10 minutes when a LATE agent showed up with a couple to see the house. We flew around picking up everything we had just put IN the house and took it back out to the car and left for ANOTHER 40 minutes. We drove around new neighborhoods and I drooled over the classic architecture. WHy can't they build neighborhoods in UTAH with homes like these...and UNBELIEVABLY...these homes topped out at 369K!!!!
WHile driving we talked about a gazillion things, but I learned that the love of COOKING must come through the Broadhurst genes...Austin-11, Audrey-8, and Issac-5 were all avid watchers of the food network and wanted to have a COOK OFF against each other with only an hour to prepare, and extra points were to be given for "presentation", but that we wouldn't have the special ONE ingredient...whatever that is. I kid you not...I SWEAR, they made this heart spaghetti and salad and "fruit punch" and strawberry sorbet WITHOUT ME...I didn't even know WHAT they were thinking. I'm impressed out of my head and let me tell you it was YUMMY and I know cause I was the judge!!! I had barely finished judging when the service called to say they had a late showing and wanted to know if they could come between 5:45-7...we ran around like crazy, cleaned up, and got in the car right as they arrived. THey stayed an hour or a bit more...a GREAT sign..so maybe they'll get a contract tomorrow!!! AUdry voaclly jammed to the new HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL DVD for the whole time being joined many ties by AUstin and WIlliam...it just makes me smile...this "STUFF" is SO genetic!!! ANyone who knows how much I LOVE a good song and losing my self in it. It's been too long since I've felt as completely absorbed as Audry though. Once we got back home, she and Issac continued with the Karioke mirophone version of the same show. It actually started out as a FASHION SHOW and I was going to have to be JUDGE again, but the music just let loose and took over and the dance off began. "Not so Sundayish" many may be thinking...if I've ever seen pure joy...it was there.
Issac found a new hobby today and has beconme the offical photographer for our week. Aunt Jeremi...you will have to tutor him. He took most of the pictures that he is not in. I included the 3 of me hugging each of them because ISSAC took the 2 he was not in...these kids ROCK!!! Gene and Sheri obviously are outstanding parents.
It's quiet and raining. They prayed for rain in church today...I guess they've been in a drought. ALl are sleeping. GrandDAD Steadwell is at the dance with Olive, Don and boys are at home together, and I have the rest of the night to eat Molasses cookies and read. Hmmmmmmmmm....what a beautiful world...and it belongs to me.

No comments: