Sunday, February 10, 2008

SUNDAY


Stake Conference was a breath of fresh air. The 17 year old girl speaker was my favorite. She told about being 6 and visiting a friend's house who had a Little TYKE's kitchen set and she wanted one so she prayed and prayed and didn't get one. Then she told how when she was 9 her dog was lost and she prayed and prayed again that it would be found or come home. When it didn't come home she thought she just had to show more Faith so she sat by the back french doors of her home watching and waiting to show the Lord she was ready and believed. Her mother then taught her that she was already showing faith just by praying, and that another kind of Faith was being able to accept it when God doesn't answer how you would like. I just liked being reminded that just praying shows our Faith. I've been known to sit by a door or two waiting....
The 2nd Counselor spoke on Faith as well and he started out his talk by reading from the obituary of a 36 year old woman---it was written by her mother, "The opposite of being good in NOT being bad, it is losing faith....our daughter...." Amen. And how many times have I lost faith?
I spoke in the 12th ward at their New Beginnings tonight. Their Young Women were extraordinarily beautiful and smart and happy and kind. I loved being with them.
I want to be able to squish my almost 45 years of being loved by my Heavenly Father and Savior into their hearts--or at least to snug their hearts so close to mine that they can feel as loved as I feel and miss some of the "work". I tire of the guilt and heavy feelings that too often are preached to them. The truth according to me, is that the Savior loves them ---TO DEATH. When they (we) mess up he's not standing their ticked off tapping his foot, he's our BEST FRIEND. He's the one saying "Hey, that's not YOU, forget about it!! Say you're sorry if it hurt someone else, and get back in there loving and helping---because there is no one else like you." HE would NEVER have us feel small and worthless, He is the one who knows that the real us is always enough and amazing. He only wants us to turn away from anything that would make us unhappy.
Okay...I'm done. I came home to the MEN playing RISK...of course instead of conquering the world they were CONVERTING the world. Some pretty heated converting in there. I love them with a fierceness that is indescribable. And aren't they the most hansome you've ever seen? I wish I could wear my "mother" glasses to look at myself once or twice. I LOVE that I wouldn't know it if they weren't beautiful. My eyes and arms are hungering to see a certain missionary in Germany. 5 more fast Sundays and he will be home. I'm going to make it after all I think. The question is, can I do this 3 more times?

2 comments:

Megan said...

so glad I came from you!!! At leased I get to claim all the goodness in case I never get there. I love reading your blog. It makes me want to do and be better. Love ya mom!

Jeremi said...

"I tire of the guilt and heavy feelings that too often are preached to them. The truth according to me, is that the Savior loves them"

Ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto, ditto. I couldn't have said it better myself!