Monday, February 25, 2008

DAY #2 Mary HERE






Valentine's Day started with pink heart waffles ...oh yeah--and valentine folders and notes from Audry...she and Issac woke up at I don't know what time and made them before I woke up at 5:30!!!!
Issac was taking alot of pictures of me up close and Audry finally says in her sassy 8 year old female attitude.."Issac, don't ya know she DOES NOT want you to take her picture looking like that with her hair all up and messy?" Darling Issac immediately focused on a new subject like a whipped puppy. I assured him I didn't care, but obviously Audry is in the know.
It was time for them to leave and Issac became VERY tired and didn't think he should go. I wanted him to stay home as bad as he wanted to stay. I told him that if we both kept watching the clock that the time really would pass and we would be to 3:30 before he knew it. He thought I should check him out at lunch or maybe earlier if I wanted. I told him the truth, I was afraid to try to find the school with out him unless it was an emergency. After about 3 minutes waiting for the bus he headed back to the house and said he was too cold. I traded his hoodie for a coat and he said that there probably wasn't a coat warm enough for how cold he was. I walked him back out and kiss him all over and he grabs my neck and says "I think you don't want to be alone and I could stay with you today." My heart was a puddle in the street. I assured him I did NOT want to be alone, and that I would love it if he stayed, but that I was going to keep him out of school on Wednesday for our BIrthday Bash so I couldn't do it EVERY day I'm here or his mom wouldn't let me come back. He just looked deep in my eyes thinking and finally said "I can do it, but it's going to be REALLY LONG, it will be hard to wait that long to see you"....he might be heading to Utah on my lap.
I know you get sick of hearing about my runs...but when you jump from 11 degrees in the dark to 57 degrees in outright sunshine...I ran with my shadow today---and I LIKED the way my shadow looked...long and lithe...gotta run at just the right time to have it improve the real deal!!!! And the air...after the rain last night smelled just right...everything clean and bright...the sky was the bluest blue and daffodils and tulips are blooming and there weren't any dogs and everyone waved to me that passed even thought they have NO IDEA who in the heck I am...and my IPOD was fully charged...and I felt loved to the core, and GRATEFUL like I can't explain GRATEFUL just to be HERE, in NC sharing this week in this space with these kids.

Kelly and Jax showed up..they have both had the flu...the nasty flu...they needed to get out the house after being cooped up for a few days. We had a good catch up...Jax is SO happy and loving...EVEN when he doesn't feel good.

The kids got off the bus all excited about a CHICK FILLET PTA something that would be from 5-7. We headed to Target (the RED store for a few missing Valentine's essentials and Audry wanted to spend some of her new birthday money(she got some new dress up items). THAT was a GREAT TIME!!!! We headed over to the RED CHick Fillet and they even had RED balloons up for us...Issac (again) said "Hey, they knew we were doing Valentine's today!!!" like we had planned it out special. I spilt the milk shake we got for AUdry and they were beside themselves. I just kept laughing and reminding them that they didn't live around me enought to know that I am the SPILLER, not my kids. Wish we had a picture of Austin's face...and the floor!!! THere was a RED sunset on the way home...AUstin picked up on that for us so we got a picture...see even the Universe wanted to help make our day special.
All are sleeping and I am off to have a lovely soak in the BIG tub with my new book.
HMMmmmmmmmmm....yeah. Oh yeah.

No comments: