Sunday, February 3, 2008

UNBELIEVEABLE SNOW!!!!!



I can't remember the last time we had this much snow in the winter!!! I wish you could have been with me at about 6:30 this morning. Everyone was sleeping, DOn was at early church meetings, and the quiet a new snow brings filled the the already still house. The falling snow was mezmorizing. It was SO deep! It just kept falling, and falling and falling. I crawled back in bed, my place was still warm, and just revelled in the comfort. They cancelled church!!! They've only ever done that one other year when JOSH was a baby...so about 18 years ago:) All the boys bundled up and joined their YOung Men leaders and went house to house until all the drives in our Ward/Neighborhoods were cleared.

I made killer French Toast. You use thick cut cinnamon bread and dip it in cinnamon and cream and vanilla drenched whipped eggs...but the syrup...the syrup is HEAVEN...you boil for 3 minutes 1 stick of butter, 1 cup of cream, 1 cup of sugar, a pinch of salt and 1 tsp. of vanilla. Pour the hot syrup on the hot french toast and be prepared to LOVE me forever!!!! If you were here we would have shared...well, I would have...the boys were sad when I ran out of bread. It IS the SUPER BOWL so it's not like they won't be feasting today.

Just as a side note. In Bluevale Ontario Canada, there is a farmer named Ray Breckenridge. Ray gets the GOOD GUY of the MONTH award from me. Yesterday the snow plow accidentally took off GrandDad Steadwell's mailbox. You can imagine how distressing this was for GrandDad...as a matter of fact,--he blew snow for 3 hours and came in to take his blood pressure because he wasn't feeling so good--(go figure,87 year old man snowing blowing for 3 hours and just didn't feel so good), sneezed during the reading, immediately had a horrible tightening around his chest and his arm began to tingle then lost all feeling for a few minutes...SO he sits on his living room chair and calls me--and NO he can't get worked up about the pain in his chest that won't quite go away, BUT is distraught about his MAILBOX!!!! Does anyone know the 911 number for Ontario?? ANYWAY...he wouldn't even TALK to me about the chest pain other than to say he thought I should come out for a few days and that he'd go the Doctor on Monday. BUT he went on and on about the stupid mailbox. God loves him. I should have loved him better. I should have listend more and tried to get him mailbox help instead of Doctor help. Today when I called to check on him, he didn't say he was thankful...that's not his way, but he did tell me over 5 times about Ray coming and putting up a new mailbox for him...I guess it has another families name on it and that has him a bit worried about the mail lady leaving him his mail. I have PROMISED him that she will know it's still him. Please let him get mail tommorrow. I don't think my Valentine will get there until Wednesday. UGH.To the Ray's of the world...I love you for doing what I can't even when I wish I could,and especially when I don't. I am SO GRATEFUL. I have a picture of Ray on the dead computer, if I get it revived I'll let you see what simple goodness looks like.

No comments: