Wednesday, February 10, 2010

MOLINA MOLINA MOLINA


SOooo...Pedro grows the grapes, and Alvaro makes them into Wine. (ActuallyAlvaro grows plenty of grapes as well). Pedro is Soledad's brother and Alvaro is Carlos' brother.

Years ago when we moved into our home we built in Lindon on 400 East, Alvaro and his wife were visiting here from Chile and they were the first people we had for dinner in our new home. Ironically, Alvaro and Paula,his wife, had just moved into their brand new home the week before we came and WE were the first people they had to dinner in their new home. Life is so full of coincidences...just wish I knew what significance those coincidences have.
I wish I had gotten a better picture of their new home...it is beautiful, this picture doesn't do it justice. They too have the sliding walls in most rooms that open to the outside. ___ is excited to get the gardens in. I wish I could help. Paula has this "gated in" expanse of dirt with a view of the mountains- with rooms of her house opening to it all. I felt like Mary Lennox in THE SECRET GARDEN, my fingers were aching to have at it. And of course...they are building a pool:) Perfection. Oh...and they have a basset hound (my first dog given to me by my Grandmother Broadhurst when I was 5).Alvaro only started his whole grape and wine business 10 years ago. It is amazing and inspiring to see what a person can do with a business and life in that amount of time.
Alvaro loves music too(yes, even country) and knows every song and who did it and when...he has this fantastic set up with a big screen TV and a stereo system to rock anyone's socks off. He had several concerts on DVD---I had never seen one before...I LIKED IT...I liked it like in the top ten things of stuff I like to do. I really hope that from now on, anyone I want to see in concert just makes a DVD. I think my favorite one he introduced us to was the Concert for George (Harrison)...made me cry. George's son is his spitting image. It was the first time I've ever been interested in OUR having an amazing stereo set up. While we were reminiscing with music, Paula knew that I had wanted to find a BLUE BOTTLE to make solar water with and to just have in the kitchen to catch the sun. She and Soledad disappeared and were back before we knew it...with BLUE BOTTLES for me. Latins truly are lovers. They just seem to take extra note of other people's desires and then pleasure in fulfilling them. THANK YOU. Thank you for the bottles, but also for reminding me that I can pay more attention to the desires of others. I want some Latin Blood. Going to have to work on that in our gene pools to come:) No pressure Josefa or Michaela. :)
Paula is an artist and I am SAD again that I don't have any pictures of her work. It is hard to catch everything on the first trip...I must start planning another:)
Alvaro took us through the whole process and I had no idea that there could be SO MUCH to a Winery. He exports to many countries...each has its own "taste". He explained that some of the wine is put in these wooden barrels made of special woods to add a woody taste to the wine. They sit and "brew" here for a while before they are bottled and sent off. The barrels are made of different kinds of woods for the different tastes. I was tickled that the top barrel was made of a wood and named NADALIE...the spelling is a little off from how I spell it, but hey...it made me smile. You can see the grapes here. Magically one morning in March they will all just be READY and then they call in hundreds of workers to get them harvested in time. I would so love to be there to see that.







No comments: