Wednesday, February 17, 2010

SURPRISE 18th BIRTHDAY SPENCER!!! (A month early)


Dad got a bee in his bonnet to give Spencer this SURPRISE 18th B-day party early since we would be out of town on his birthday. Dad did most everything. All I did was get the cake, balloons, and pick up the Pizza's and wrap the presents. Really. He contacted all the kids, kept it a huge secret, made a DVD of Spencer's life from his baby pictures, bought the presents, made this frame thing that he had all his friends sign... incredulous. So GOOD TO KNOW for future events.... :). Spencer really WAS surprised...even when we started singing happy birthday after he walked in and all of HIS friends where there, it was like..."whose birthday IS IT???" Tons of his friends came...over 30...we had a fun night. Now they are off playing basketball.
I had to get a new camera since I dropped mine in Chile and it was almost as much to fix it as it was to get a new one. The colors are off and it didn't focus quite as well...going to have to read the instruction book I guess (NOT My favorite thing to do).
My work close today got sticky and will now keep me busy a few more days instead of being done. Can't really complain, the clients are favorites and the rest of the transaction has gone smooth as silk.
Had my OBGYN appointment today...listen my women friends...the Doc says that ALOT of women quit coming for check ups after 40...REMEMBER my MOM DIED needlessly because she didn't go get her pap smears...PLEASE don't let me go through that again with any of you...I know its not fun...but just MAKE THAT APPOINTMENT and GO...OK??? Thanks for letting me OCD about it.
Some sweet highlights of today:FINALLY got to run with Sara again. A loan officer sent me flowers---of course he is wanting me to send him some business, and hey...it just might have worked. Still have Chile stuff to catch up on, but the longer I draw it out, the longer I get to savor the memories. While Spencer's Party Pizza's at Papa Murphy's were being made, I went to Macey's to get the pop and there was a parking spot right in the front row! And then I went into Walgreen's and they had an IHOME that I have been wanting on SALE for $25 cheaper than I have seen it anywhere else. The Doctor said I was in GREAT shape and loved it when "women who take care of themselves come in"...I decided just to ignore the whole new 10 pounds thing...if he wasn't noticing I wasn't drawing attention to it. I went to Costco without realizing I didn't have cash and was a little panicked thinking I would have to leave my cart, go home and come back again...and low and behold...there was a traveler's check for $100 just sitting in my purse to save the day. Whichever angel was assigned to me today...I LIKE YOU...I hope you get ME tomorrow again!!!
















No comments: