Monday, February 8, 2010

Next to Santo Domingo

Talk about Law of Attraction...the Queen of Pool LOVE (me) was able to see the largest swimming pool in Chile! Over 400 yards...it was built as part of the resort Las Brisas in Santo Domingo. I was sad the day was so chilly and overcast...Can you believe it? They literally use a BOAT to clean it!
We had ANOTHER to die for meal at the resort Country Club. I thought of Spencer so much during this whole trip---jaw dropping golf courses everywhere. I had no idea that America didn't reign supreme in the love of this sport...at the very least they are equally rivaled here. Maybe one day I'll actually swing a club:) The tree lined street reminded me of Kaui in Hawaii...and the bakery...HEAVEN ON EARTH!!! And yes, that is Dulche de Leche that that woman is smathering all over that cake--we had to buy it. She rolled it up like a jelly roll, dusted it in powder sugar, we smushed one end with luggage, but it went down as smooth and happy as a kid on a waterslide. Did I say I LOVE THIS PLACE yet?




No comments: