Wednesday, February 10, 2010

PEDRO'S FARM



I have no pictures. I could CRY...this farm was my DREAM life!!! I took a TON of pictures...I will call Carlos to see if they were on HIS camera by chance. I'll just describe it for now. As you drive in you realize you are closer to the mountains than what you could tell from before---and you couldn't tell much because of all the GREEN everywhere. You pass two man made ponds with ducks, and work horses corralled, a few small homes of the vineyard workers, and as you turn the corner...there are hundred of grapevines in rows and rows and rows going straight up the mountain. This gorgeous green everywhere- living breathing green.You can FEEL the energy of the grapes growing and wanting to sustain life. The grapevines are bordered by new olive trees. From my scripture study I have long LOVED Olive trees and their symbolism and properties for healing. You could heal yourself of most anything here. You get this feeling of wholeness and well being...all is well in the world. At least it was in MY world. I LOVE to cook with Olive Oil. Pedro has started selling his Olive Oil. I want to buy cases and cases of it. The air was fresh with growing. Earth smells penetrated my skin as well as my nose and my whole being felt like a dog that just wanted to go roll in it. As Carlos drove us around it seemed like it went on forever and you didn't want it to stop. BUT THEN you reach the HOUSE!!!! So then, YOU WANNA STOP. You want to LIVE there. Forever. It is on the crest of hill looking out over all the abundance. Acres and Acres of abundance. You can see it ALL from the house porches. Of course the first thing I see is the pool...I wanted to put a handful of dirt in my pocket right then to keep and remind me that these places really DO EXIST and that I got to be there for awhile. How do you thank people for these kinds of experiences? Carlos and Soledad and everyone there...THANK YOU A GAZILLION TIMES. The house was perfect in everyway. A house you LIVE in...again..it all opened to the outside...I wish I could write for a magazine and go back and do an article on the homes I was in and the feelings they bring to you. I LOVED Marbella...but for a bit, I wished I could have spent time THERE--spent the night just breathing in all of it, just living a normal day with them. Pedro and his wife, Maria Theresa weren't there, I was sad to have missed them. I would have liked to have had the tour from the CREATORS of such a beautiful haven. I should say that Maria is a gifted artist whose works SELL for money...so if you ever do get to see the house you will just nod your head knowingly...knowing that a TRUE artist helped to create this place. I guess if I don't get the pictures I will just have to go back to Chile to get them. Really, this is a place everyone should experience---at least through photos if you can't actually go. I thought to myself, and now out loud to you...I have never had an alcoholic beverage in my life, but if I were to ever try it, it would be Alvaro's wine and I would take it to Pedro's ranch and sit on the outside porch to take that first drink, and just let that whole experience be MINE.
Dear Universe...please send me pictures that the world may know that I am NOT exaggerating.
Okay, so darling sweet Carlos sent me the only pictures they had...they do not do it justice. It's kind of like taking a picture of Julia Roberts smile and ear and then saying "Isn't she SO BEAUTIFUL?" I guess I am just going to have to go back to get them. I think I will bring my Sister in law Jeremy who is the photographer so that there will be no mistakes:)

No comments: