Sunday, May 23, 2010

Did I tell you HOW MUCH I LOVE MY BROTHER?????

I usually make the trips to GrandDad's alone. Don has gone a few times, but mostly I am alone. Don was leaving for Lima , Peru the next day and couldn't come with me with out a huge hassle. Preston HATES flying. Let me write that again. PRESTON HATES FLYING. But he loves me. He came with me. He loves me BIG. AND I LOVE HIM BACK BIGGER!!!!
I could NOT have done this alone. I was thinking maybe I could, but I had no idea until when I got there how much I really COULD NOT. I never would have been able to stay at the farm by myself. I couldn't even get my own shoes on right when I was shook.....
I will never forget Preston's coming with me. I will never forget his letting me sleep on the other side of the King sized bed when I felt alone and afraid to be in my room by myself. I'll never forget how even when I could feel myself being crazy he would just patiently say "Whatever you think is best". How when it came time to put Minnie down (yes, can you believe that I ended up being the one to have to do that??????) and I was so happy and so sad at the same time, and he just helped me put her in the cat carrier and went with me. How happy he was to see a store called THE BEER store...we had to go inside and get his picture taken. He might apply for Canadian citizenship yet. How easy he is to talk to. How he "gets" me. How he never judges me. How he is so thoughtful of me. How he just melts in and makes me stronger. How he giggles when he's had a few. Buddy, you are one of my life's greatest gifts. I love you. I love you. I love you. Thank you isn't enough. I'm grateful I have a lifetime to make it up to you.


1 comment:

MontelloOffGrid said...

Can you say "TIM HORTON'S"?????? Wow, those were good donut holes!

Love you too and thanks for taking me along!