Saturday, May 29, 2010

WHAT THE ?????

Yesterday morning started out gorgeous and sunny. I thought it would be a hot day so I opened the windows all the way to let the morning cool in. As I was leaving the house for work about 9 am I wondered if I should close the windows but thought of all the BIG BOYS sleeping off the Senior all nighter at my house and decided to just leave them....
Eventually the boys awoke and left and at about 2 o'clock, Spencer was home alone sitting on the love seat in the family room...from where he can see into Sam's room...a window I had left open...and in comes some man in a beanie hat with a grey hoodie and jeans (he stepped up on the air conditioning unit outside Sam's window to help himself in).--- was shocked to see Spencer!! He immediately slammed Sam's door shut. Spencer promises he will never do this again, but he ran after him into Sam's room only to see him running up the garden path. By the time Spencer shut and locked the window and ran out front he was no where to be seen. He called the police, they came, checked it out, they said they would ask the neighbors...they didn't. I'm still confused about that...but maybe they didn't want panic to set in....we have TONS of little kids on our street. I guess they are putting an extra patrol car watch on our street. Can you believe that? It makes me feel just YUCK inside. Scares me to death when I think of all the times I have been here alone with the windows open. NO MORE. Suddenly that security system moved up on the list. If the guy only knew that if he really needed something, I would have just GIVEN IT TO HIM...I feel so yucky that I am awake at 3:25am blogging and wondering if I'm brave enough to run the canyon, even with Marci, in a couple of hours. Darn guy. I am so relieved Spencer was safe. Becky next door showed me her Tazer...that also just made the list of "gonna get me one"!!!!

1 comment:

MontelloOffGrid said...

Next time I'm down I'll show you my Glock 27, .40 calibur handgun that SHOULD be at the top of the list....not a tazer. Nothings says don't come back like shots fired in your general direction!!!!

Nothing says "don't come back" to his kind of people like the coroner hauling him out on wheels! That prick (yes, I did restrain myself there) is lucky he chose your house and not mine. Do you think he learned a lesson? I think this is one of those lessons that can only be thoroughly and completely learned with the aid of the spirit...the spirit of Glock that is!!!

Love,

Your patient, kind, fair, and completely law abiding life protector.

P.S. Please take this very seriously....we'll discuss this more when I get back from vacation!