Sunday, May 2, 2010

Josh and Michael

Josh I WISH I could say that i TRIED TO CALL YOU today like I did Michael...but I didn't. Michael...I just figured you ran out of battery. I'm excited to hear about your first Bus tour Michael! Take pictures!!! Call us when you get a minute just to check in. I won't tell anyone that your MOM still wants you to even though you are almost 23.
BUT NEXT SUNDAY JOSH!!!! NEXT SUNDAY we TALK!!!!!!!! The kids are excited to wake up to your message tomorrow as well:) It's rained most of my time here and made me think of YOU in the rainy season. I wanted to hug the missionaries at their church today. I didn't. Only because I didn't want to be "taken down" in the church:) I couldn't be a missionary on the no hugging rule alone. Both were from Utah. The other 2 were busy with investigators so I didn't get to talk to them. They had about 3 black families in their congregation. You were SO on my mind Josh. And Michael...I was thinking how YOU were in a new ward and wondered what you thought. I smile when I think of all that is ahead of you...and how you NEVER know when or where you are going to meet the woman of your dreams. It could happen anytime now. Alaska is just a little too far from the homeplace, so unless she is an orphan, lets wait till you get back:)
Being here makes me miss younger days with you. Especially when I read the LIGHTENING THEIF to the kids to bed...Spencer still likes me to read to him though. I brought the other books I wrote about earlier...made me remember all of us crying over those darn coon dogs in WHERE the RED FERN GROWS with all of you in the bunk beds and even Dad coming in to hear the end. OR all the times you'd beg me for just one more chapter and then ONE MORE and ONE MORE and I was always such a sucker. These guys just fell asleep too fast.
Their show is over and now I have to go to night time snack and teeth brushing. I will say that I don't miss the Bum wiping, but it does make me laugh to have Issac call me panicked that I might not help. Reminds me of a Michael boy who I thought might never get to go to Kindergarten...
I LOVE YOU BOTH!!! You are always in my heart and mind and prayers. I love you both more than snuggle lovin' a 3 year old, I love you more than dancing with joy with the kiddos, I love you more than maple syrup covered sausages. And I love you MORE and MORE and MORE. AND, I'm dang PROUD to be YOUR Mama.
XXooxx MOMxxooXX

No comments: