Sunday, November 22, 2009

Josh, The Snow is here.

Well Lovey...the snow is here. It didn't come Saturday but it is quietly falling now.

Dad and boys are at a Stake Priesthood Meeting. Sole is watching Hanna Montana. I am relishing in my mind a sacrament talk given by a brand new woman in the ward...Sis. Bahr. I'm frustrated I can't remember her first name. I would never want her to know that I can't remember because then it would seem that I didn't care to know it when I first heard it. Maybe that is the truth. I didn't care until she started speaking...and she's kindred. REAL. LOVING. HONEST. KIND. I don't mean that I AM all those things...I just WANT to be all those things. I wish I had her whole talk to print here. I just called around to try to get her number so I could see if she would let me. She is so new no one has it. I'm too lazy to get in the car with the snow to go try to fetch it. Tomorrow, I promise. I made cookies tonight and I will take her some. What a lame offering after what and how she shared. Anyway. She read the most beautiful quote about LIVING out of a Stephen King book. Gotta love a woman who has the guts to quote Stephen King in a UTAH Mormon Sacrament meeting...it was love before the quote though. She was introducing her family and doing so in just the most loving, embracing way-- explained how they were just plain old doing their best which would fall short if judged by others looking in....AMEN. AMEN. AMEN. I have this fantasy, a friend of mine has it too--I about fell out of my chair when we realized we had the same fantasy....but during the Sacrament each Sunday whatever it is that each person is working on is made manifest above their head, no hiding anything...she fantasizes it in word form like LIAR, THEIF, DRUG ADDICT, ADULTERER,...in my fantasy it is in picture form. ANYWAY...the point being that if everybody could look around and see what everyone else is dealing with it might knock down some of the judgement and allow the love to flow a little more freely. Yes, I want to be loved RIGHT now, JUST THE WAY I AM...and I believe with all my heart if that can happen I will come around right in the areas I am less than love. Okay, I'm done...that is until I print the quote.

Preston, Jeremy and their families, Dad and Megan's friend Jake will be coming for Thanksgiving Dinner. We're going to have a TURKEY BOWL foot ball game with the Berrett Family at 11, eat at 1:30-2, go see BLIND SIDE (movie) at the latest Matinee, eat some more and then play games and watch more movies here. Don't worry. You will be in all our thoughts...and I'll have your name on my shirt so no one forgets!!!

I have been working with another family for more than a year and they are finally going to make an offer tomorrow. PLEASE let it be accepted. For their sake. For their 11 year old boy's sake. Okay...for MY sake.

Did you get your Birthday package yet? We get to talk to you in 4 weeks!!!!! For Family Night tomorrow night we are writing Greg and Jake and Dave and...well your whole crew. The boys actually will send you a LETTER...I swear...no food until they do....

Amber Platt (Ben's wife) had her baby and he is BEAUTIFUL!! Ashlyn Matheson married the Belliston boy yesterday. Braiden is in town for Thanksgiving. Dad is going to go to Guatemala in December. Debbie Hulsey looks very pregnant. Diana Otterstrom is losing MAJOR weight...wish I could get motivated. The deer (about 5 or 6) are camping out at the back fence, they barely move if I go out there but they scatter if the boys do. Obamba got passed the money hand out to first home buyers until April...I feel morally conflicted...this is EXACTLY how we got to where we are now in the economy by allowing/giving people fake money to purchase homes they can't afford without the fake money...the only way I can feel good about transacting these homes is A....We need income for all you yahoos we love so dearly and B. ALL of us are going to pay for it in our taxes so whoever CAN might as well take advantage of it since they are going to be paying for it anyway.

This has been the fastest slowest year of my life. Come on 2010. I was thinking on my goals for this next year and ended up just pairing it down to BE HEALTHY BE HAPPY. Wish that was as easy as it sounds. Your goals will be so different Josh. You are about such great things. I'm proud of you. I love you. I know you get to READ that I love you, but I wish I could have you HEAR it every day a few times....cuz I DO...LOVE YOU!!!! I'm excited to catch up with you in the morning. I just run faster on Mondays knowing when I get home there will probably be a letter.

I love you more than watching 2 movies in a row at the theater, I love you more than that tingling at the top of your mouth when you eat a hot krispy creme, I love you more than snuggling in bed when you know you don't have to get up, I love you more than the feel and the smell of a new baby, I love you more and more and more....
MOM XXXOOOXXXOOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXXOOOXXX

No comments: