Thursday, November 12, 2009

The Magic of Taylor


I slurped up the CMA Awards. There is this HUGE HUNK of me that wishes I could sing! I don't need to be a star...but to be able to have that kind of pretty come out of you...you know what I mean. And I'm simple...I really can't do the opera kind of stuff. I love my rock n roll, but country will always be my home. I wish I could move people the way music moves me. I wish I could put words together that strike the common ground in all of us that make others want to be better and love harder. I will be content I guess to just stand with the OTHERS of us who don't have that magic but know personally how real it is. I especially like it when they wrap my heart in a memory. When I hear Taylor Swift's lyrics, and feel the closeness of the teenager still in me zoom back to my reality, I just LOVE her for it. I wanted to do a "you got it WOMAN!" dance everytime she took that trophy...cuz in my mind, she is SO a woman. An old soul, with a tender pointed tongue, with messages from the ages past here to remind us that LOVE of all kinds is what it is about.
Ok...and the number with Vince Gill and Chris Daughtry...Chris you got a new fan...gonna find me that song today.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was glad she won...she deserves it!

And amen about Chris Daughtry...I've been a fan since American Idol, but last night he and Vince Gill...I'm in love!

Amy said...

Megan once wrote a paper about why to love Country music for English class and she talked about being connected to you because of it. Teacher loved it and pointed out what a great job she did.

Just sayin'.

Natalie Harris said...

AMY!! Love you for telling me...will ask her...and by the way...we have a gift for Thomas we keep thinking we are going to make a trip up and surprise you...at this point might be better if you tell us when you will be at your mom's!!!He's ADORABLE...and I LOVE YOUR BLOG!!!!